“Very comfortable place to stay”
Review of Madison Hotel

Madison Hotel
Ranked #12 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I recently spent two nights on a business trip at the Madison and must say I really found it to be a comfortable and relaxing place. I obtained my room through priceline auction for $127 per night. Check in was exremely easy and my room was clean, comfortable and very well appointed. The complimentary continental breakfast with coffee was a great added bonus. It is situated near everything downtown. The staff was very friendly and helpful and went out their way to learn my name even though I was only staying for two nights. the view from the Penthouse terrace is great. I would highly recommend this property to others.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank minsam
Write a ReviewReviews (2,128)

Reviewed October 23, 2011

While the room was beautifully decorated, the bed was the most uncomfortable thing I have ever slept in. I barely slept the two nights we stayed at the Madison and my lower back also hurt from the awful mattress. My travel companions had the same issue as well. If your looking for decent sleep- go to the Peabody.

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank Hartmaneg
Reviewed October 19, 2011

After being disrespected at the Peabody Hotel my family and I came here, and we were glad we did. I wouldn't call it top notch because it could use a few more updates but it was definitely a great experience. The staff was very helpful anything we needed we had within 10 minutes of asking. The beds were extremely comfortable! We slept in quite a few times. Although I had been to Memphis plenty of times before it was business related and I didn't get to sight see so when we were ready to tour the city a young lady (Nicole) pointed us in all the right directions. It's in walking distance to so many places and the trolley ride was awesome it's home away from home and if we ever come back to Memphis this is where we'll stay.

Room Tip: If you're going for business ask for a corner room or a room on the upper levels. I noticed most...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank TravelingJaneKoch
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I stayed here with my gfriend and we got a Suite. The suite was a decent size and was very modern/chic with a wet room for a bathroom, we were suitably impressed.

This hotel falls down on service. Having been to Los Angeles numerous times and always valet parking the car I feel I have enough experience to know what is expected.

At this place you pay $20+ to park the car and they take 20+minutes to bring the car back to you. I could have parked the car in the same secure parking lot (about a block away) for a quarter of the price and got my car back in a quarter of the time. The staff managing the debacle were clueless and my frustration grew while I'm waiting almost 30 minutes for my car to be bought to me. Why do I valet a car ? Because it's convenient.

The location is a little away from the main strip and walking at night can be a bit dodgy. We were accosted at least twice by possible gang members selling confectionary with menace. Take a cab......

Whilst the room was great, the service was crap and the walk to Beale street was dodgy. I would stay at The Peabody next time for similar money.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2011

This is a very nice hotel, but not sure why it is as highly rated as it appears to be. I would think a 5 diamond hotel would pretty much be over the top, but it really was not extraordinary. It was very clean and the staff were very friendly.....that is the good...on the other hand, we got there a little early and our room was not ready. They offered to call me on my cell when the room was ready, so we went for a walk and ate lunch and around 4:00 (5 hours after we got to the hotel) I finally had to find the number for the hotel and called and they said "yes the room is ready". I had paid the bellman $5 to put our luggage in the room when the room was ready. When we got back to the hotel, our luggage was still in the entry way, with no one around. I got the keys and picked up my luggage and went to the room. No one questioned me, but there was no one around to do so. The next morning we went to their "free" breakfast on the Mezzanine level. We were a bit surprised to find that we had a better "free" breakfast at the Hampton Inn the morning before. No real bad issues, just no real good issues to report. We will opt for a Hampton or Courtyard hotel next time.

Room Tip: Go to the Peabody
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Looking for a professional staff, beautiful rooms, flavorful restaurant, Grille 83, knowledgeble conceige, Nicole. This is the place.....and the top garden floor has a gorgeous view of the Mississippi Rive and Mud Island.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter than lower.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank sweetlou763
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. It's a beautiful hotel with great service. The king bed was super comfy. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business