“Econo no no nono lodge”

Econo Lodge Downtown Memphis
Ranked #90 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
“Econo no no nono lodge”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

What a terrible experience of a hotel stay. We arrived to be met with unsmiling front counter staff, smiling is free. The rooms are terrible, no hair dryer, no towels, broken TV, general condition of the entire hotel is rough. The noise start very early in the morning and doesn't recede till late night. Avoid at all costs, don't be lured by cheap rates

1 Thank drunkirish

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Good location as well as frieny staff are is the only positives but would never stay here again. Pay extra and stay somewhere else it is so oppressive. No hairdryer or towel in your room as we were told they get stolen - need I say more. I dont expect to be treated like a criminal and have to sign for a towel in order to shower.

• Stayed July 2013

Travelers are raving about these Memphis hotels

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The hotel is old and outdated. Service is terrible. Walls are very thin. We could hear everything going on in every room around us. Very disappointed. Staff didn't even clean our room one day. Asked for an extra towel and pillow and never got it.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The rates were the lowest out of any downtown hotels in Memphis.You never know what you might get for that.There were 3 adults (My two sons and me)in a room. Room was really good.Very adequate,clean,roomy.Location was excellent and we walked to a Memphis Redbirds Game about 10 minutes away.Swimming pool on the 8th floor I believe.Pool was another surprise. Very nice,open air pool.Plenty of chaise lounges,nicely maintained.Continental breakfast
was adequate;nothing extraordinary but adequate for sure.Parking is an added $10 a day but this is customary.Overall,I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it as well.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank sbl21
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night. When we arrived our room was clean and ready. Easy checkin process. Rooms are old and outdated but still a good room for the money. The hotel is a very easy walk to and from Beale street. We had no problems at all and would stay here again. The only negative was that we had to pay an additional $10 to park our car.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank J P
Coloma, Michigan
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is best when you are inside the room or out seeing the nearby sights. The parking garage, elevator, and visual aspects are not particularly appealing. The pool looked good, though I didn't use it. The breakfast was minimal - I didn't see fresh fruit.

Ok for the price and easy walk to Beale St.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Mickjags
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I stopped over here en route to a vacation trip to New Orleans. I did my homework and read all previous reviews so I knew exactly what I was getting into. The primary reason for staying here was in order....price and proximity to Beale Street. That's the bottom line!

The room was clean, but a little tired and dated. First and foremost, it was clean! The bed was comfortable. The bathroom appeared to be more recently updated.

The overall exterior curb appeal of the place was a little depressed and a bit dated.

If I were going back to Memphis for an NCAA basketball game, I'd consider staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends