Econo Lodge Downtown
$299
$209
Agoda.com
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I am staying here now for 2 days - it was by far the cheapest hotel in downtown Memphis so I wondered what it would be like. In short, it is like any other econolodge, basic in every way but if all you need is a room, it is fine. Location is particularly good - a block from everything . Just don't expect anything more and you will be happy .

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Rhod M
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We picked this hotel for the location. It is really old and they are doing their best and at one point I'm sure it was a Comfort Inn but as it's decayed the downgraded it to an Econolodge. Service is minimal. A little grubby throughout. Next time we'll pay more and stay elsewhere. There's a significant amount of street noise.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the street
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TorontoMichael
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was on a road trip in March 2012 (Tripadvisor only lets me select as far back as June '12) and booked into this Econo Lodge in Memphis primarily because it was cheap but also, as I knew from a previous visit to Memphis, it's only a few blocks over from Beale Street.

Check in was easy. The rooms are large. They're a little bit run down maybe, but great for the price. Breakfast was basic but filling.

As testimony to how happy I was with the place, I'm visiting Memphis again this summer and have booked the Econo Lodge for me, my wife, my 8 year old son, and 2 friends. Perhaps we'll make use of the rooftop pool this time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Shizzling
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Although staying at an Econolodge sounds not too appealing to everyone, this is really a great place to stay in Memphis. Just a few blocks (walking distance!) from Beale Street with just 10$ parking on-site, there is no better deal in downtown Memphis. The room was spacious and clean. The staff was friendly and the check in went smooth. What more do you need?!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2013

If I ever get to go back to Memphis again, I will probably stay here. The money I didn't spend on the hotel room I was only in to sleep was better spent on museums, clubs and BBQ.

The room was clean, the staff were cheerful and helpful and it was a quick walk to everything. I am a middle-aged white woman travelling alone and I felt safe walking. It's like any other city - pay attention to your surroundings and if the building under construction bugs you, walk on the other side of the street.

I never had to wait terribly long for an elevator and sometimes I was packed in but that's just a chance to meet people and find out what's going on. The windows and walls are thin which wouldn't be a problem if everyone was there for the same thing but there were families and business travelers along with the tourists and if you happen to be next door to someone who has to get up at 6am, you are probably going to be woken up. Nothing to stop you from going back to sleep, though.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo