Sleep Inn
Ranked #54 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
kansas city, Missouri
Reviewed June 11, 2006

My husband and I, along with his father, booked two rooms for three nights not knowing what we were getting oursellves into! Having never been to Memphis before and having a good track record staying in Sleep Inns we figured that we would have no problems occur during our stay. How wrong we were!!

Pros: Close to interstate, fairly helpful staff.

Cons: Bad area in Memphis, hotel falling apart after only three years, rooms smell terrible, sheets stained and dirty, bathroom door didn't close, television damaged, shower light burnt out, noise level at night out of control, trash in hallways, pool out of order, continental breakfast a joke.

In closing, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, even to my worst enemies. The experience was scary and no one could pay me enough to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2006

Columbia ms
Reviewed March 11, 2006

This 2 star hotel was more than a 2 star i felt like i was in one of the most expensive hotels in memphis Tn. When I arrived I found no Roaches, Rats, etc. The hotel met all of my accomidations. The Pool was very clean but let me give you some advice don't stay at days inn hotels becuase the pool and serivce is terrible anyway I liked the hotel Very much. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lexington, KY
Reviewed March 8, 2006

Driving back from Little Rock and needed a place to stay in Memphis for the night - we looked at online reviews for this hotel and decided to stay here based on the positive reviews it had received. Upon arrival, we were given a room on the second floor. The hallways and room smelled like cheap lotion, the shower door was broken, and in less than 5 minutes of being in the room we found a roach. My traveling companion went downstairs to discuss the problem with management. They moved us to the first floor (apparently bugs only live on the second). The room here had the same weird smell and the light in our shower was broken. Having booked the room online with no refund available, we decided to stick it out for the night. We attempted to get sodas from the vending area in the lobby - only diet pepsi was available, the water machine didn't work and the other sodas were empty. We were so disgusted with the condition of this hotel, we all slept on top of the bedding for fear of what we would find if we turned down the sheets. This was a horrible experience and I wouldn't reccommend anyone stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Akron, OH
Reviewed December 27, 2005

It was a good place to stay without the draining the wallet. If a run down surrounding area is not a big deal to you, then this is a great place to stay. It's just off the interstate, but there's not much in terms of restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: July 2005
Ooltewah, Tennessee
Reviewed December 19, 2005

We had reserved two rooms, one for my wife and I and one for a couple traveling with us. About an hour before we were to arrive in Memphis, we recevied and urgent phone call that our son had a medical emergency which would require us to turn around and go to Nashville immediately. We phoned the Sleep Inn to cancel our rooms but were told that we must cancel 24 hours prior to our expected arrival. We explained that we had just learned of our son's medical emergency and had no way to notify them 24 hours prior. We asked to speak with the manager Mike Patel but were told he wasn't available. We call back the following Monday and Tuesday and each time were told that the manager wasn't in. We left our phone number and asked him to return our call. He never called back and we were charged for both rooms.

Stayed: October 2005
Reviewed November 4, 2005

My wife & 7 others in our party stayed in this hotel which is a very pleasant place to stop if you are in Memphis, it is nice & clean & the rooms are done every day with new sheets on the bed, the beds are very big there must have been at least a foot and a half between me & the misses, there was a TV but there was only a couple of channels worth watching, the Memphis news to keep up with info about the main highway into Memphis, & the American film channel (Ch 43) it was the monsterfest when we went horror films from morning until night,there is a inside pool & a restaurant which serves a continental style breakfast, of which you help yourself to, the hotel is a bit of a drive into town & the main highway ringroad around Memphis which is shared by 2 roads, the top half is I-40 & the bottom half is I-240 which is a bit confusing at first & the times we took a wrong turn of it is to many to mention,this hotel is very nice but i think if we visit Memphis again we will book a hotel close to the centre.

• Stayed: October 2005
1  Thank RickyTutt
Reviewed May 27, 2005

My husband and I chose to stay at this hotel because we were in Memphis for a business-related purpose and weren't there to sight-see much or for leisure. We got a good deal via the website for Choice hotels and overall the room was satisfactory.

Pros: Large, clean whirlpool tub; large bathroom; nice HOT water; Microfridge; convenient to highway; helpful front desk; good value; decent breakfast.

Cons: cleanliness slighty suspect (was that mascara on my pillowcase); not the best location; tub leaked into carpet in corner of room on the last night;

I gave this hotel an above average rating because of the value for money and friendly staff.

Stayed: May 2005