“not bad, but they charge you $1.50 per day for the safe.”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #54 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed April 15, 2012

This hotel wasn't bad but it leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you check out and realize they charge you $1.50 per day for the safe/warranty. I have never used a hotel safe in all the years that I have been traveling...why on earth should I be charged for one? At least have the decency to mention it on your website. I just looked and there is NO MENTION of it. It's kinda sleazy if you ask me....I would of gone back to stay there but after looking at my receipt it really turned me right off and I won't be back. Ever heard the term "penny wise and pound foolish"? If they had mentioned on their website that they were going to charge me a buck 50 per day for absolutely nothing I would of not stayed there....BE HONEST!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank HandsumMuscle

Reviewed May 4, 2011

Was visiting for Memphis in May. The hotel was def packed, however, the staff was able to handle it pretty well. The indoor pool was cool you can tell they've been maintaining it.
Staff was incredibly helpful. We were with some children and the floor got a little noisy at night. Wife called the front desk and staff was able to regulate within a few minutes.
The best part was how close it was to the highway. For the price we paid for this place we had no complaints.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ChiCity88
Reviewed April 25, 2011

pretty nice place. right off I-40. front desk was nice and helpful. bed was comfortable. pretty decent breakfast in the morning. no complaints from me.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank traveler5234
Reviewed October 17, 2010

When I arrived at the sleep in, the staff was extremely helpful and I was checked into my room in no time at all. When I got to my room, it was very clean and well kept and definitely is a great bargain. I had a pleasant experience overall. The staff was quick to answer and very helpful. I would recommend the Sleep in and will stay here whenever I am in the area.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank riri86
Reviewed July 11, 2010

I'm a member of the Choice Hotels rewards program and stay at many of their hotels. However, after this experience I will NOT stay at a Sleep Inn again. Of the 7 hotels we stayed in on a recent 10 day vacation, this was by far the worst. We booked reservations from the road 3 hours before arrival. Our rooms were hot and musty smelling. The air conditioners were turned off and apparently had been for many days. We left the property for dinner so our rooms could cool off. There was trash in the hallway and the floors looked as if they hadn't seen a vacuum cleaner in weeks. While eating their lame excuse for breakfast the next morning we watched another couple wait for almost 15 minutes for someone to come to the front desk so they could checkout. This was 8 am in the morning and there was NO ONE at the front desk. When we attempted to checkout 30 minutes later we had to wait 10 minutes. No apologies were given. The management of this property simply doesn't care. They don't care about their customers. They don't care about service. They don't have any concept of professionalism. Stay anywhere but here!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2009

Fire alarm went off 2am. Evacuated. Desk staff said false alarm so everyone went back to bed. 20mins later fire alarm went off again. Nobody bothered to evacuate. Problem was, it was a real fire. Eventually evacuated and stood outside in cold for an hour. 6am - fire alarm again. Evacuated again. When checking out , was offered no apology and only offered pathetic 10 quid discount when insisting. Desk staff lied about availability of manager. Coward. Higher management promised to deal but never returned calls/emails. At least nobody died, but it was a close thing after they wrongly sent everyone back to bed for a "false" alarm that wasn't. Unforgiveable.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UK_tourist_2009
Reviewed September 9, 2008

This was the worst hotel experience we have ever had. My family and I stayed there for two nights. Unfortunately, someone in my extended family chose this location.

Just after checking in, we decided to check out the pool. It was small, musty and the smell of dead chlorine was over-whelming. No way was I going to put my infant in there!

Then we head up stairs, which was on a non-smoking floor. That rule was, obviously, never enforced. In my parents room, the shower door was broken and barely hanging on the hinges. Their alarm clock was flashing and we couldn't get it to stop. Our room was off the chart awful! Our sheets had cigarette burns. Our daughter's sheets had lipstick stains. Our alarm clock was broken, too. Our shower had a hole in the side of it AND I walk in to find my husband not alone in the shower...there was a baby ROACH in there with him!!!

Other fun experiences...the police were called to break up a physical fight in the parking lot. Our car alarm was set off the first night. Our hall mates loved their music loud and their bass high. They also liked to party in the hallway, which is probably why the hallway smelled so smokey. There were multiple power outages, at least 6 and there was not a storm in the area. And to top it all of, my husband is a graduate student and needed the internet, but of course it was down. After numerous phone calls to the front desk and their IT provider, the problem was never resolved.

We took pictures for all the other TripAdvisor lovers out there! Go to Memphis, but please, do NOT stay here!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank skc082104