“Great hotel”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #76 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We got treated to this hotel for an overnight stay. The room was on the small side but it was cozy and nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. We really enjoyed the breakfast as well. It was quiet and there were restaurants very close and it's very near to I-40. I will definitely be looking to stay in Qualityy Inns while traveling from now on!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cheryl H
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Where to start? We checked in, three families for three nights. My girlfriend in the next room had to ask for bleach to clean blood from the shower wall right away. Creepy!!! I came back late tonight to find the maid took my tip but left my trash overflowing, dirty towels on the bathroom floor, no clean towels for the morning and no cleaning done whatsoever. Also, no breakfast in the morning because they had three large groups staying here and had only one girl running herself ragged and she couldn't keep up. You would think they would have known how busy they would be. Poor planning on someone's part. Thank goodness for Cracker Barrel next door! I have to say the front desk staff have been very apologetic but the whole experience has left a bad taste. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Shanda P
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Staff is excellent, our room was decent and comfortable. Problem was noise of doors closing and when you flushed it would wake the dead. The Meals are good but its the same thing for breakfast everyday, no fruit and eggs and sausage patties everyday for 7 days was ridiculous. Supper was repeated every other day. They need to come up with a better menu, at least add fruit to the breakfast, change the patties to ham once in awhile and have 1 or 2 other supper meals, Hamburgers would be simple and a welcome change. This really would not be a lot to fix.

Room Tip: No suggestions for the noise problem they need to figure out how to quiet down the door noise and to...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Bob J
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 days in November. The staff was great and very helpful our entire day. Our room was decent and seemed to be very clean. Our problem with this hotel did not arise until after we returned home. While there, we used the pool everyday. Our kids loved it. However, something had to be seriously wrong with the water. It has been over a month and I cannot get the chlorine/chemical smell out of my daughters hair. We have tried every home treatment possible.. I may have to give in and take her to a salon. In addition, the smell will not come out of any clothing item that came in contact with us while wet from the pool. My husband washed his T-shirt worn there and now his entire load of wash smells permanently like the chlorine/chemical smell. I have never had this problem anywhere before. I do not know what could cause such a strong and permenant odor but something had to have been terribly wrong with the pools chemicals.

• Stayed: November 2013
4  Thank aliciajr81
G M, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear aliciajr81,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you had a concern with our pool. I wish we would have had an opportunity to address this matter sooner as the pool chemicals are tested several times on a daily basis. We hope that this does not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Loretta, GM

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Just one more trip is scheduled for the end of December. I only stayed at this hotel 30 of my 39
trips to Memphis for 2013. This hotel is a winner. The other trips put me in Mississippi for a few
stays but I always go back to Quality Suites if possible. Good people run the front desk and the price
is a bargain.

Room Tip: even numbers are east view odd is west, hot in the summer sun
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Ray C
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stayed at the Drury Inn/Memphis when traveling home from Ohio. After a LONG day of driving...we stopped and we're so glad we did. The staff was just wonderful. Friendly and accomodating. We were pleasantly surprised when we entered our room and found that it was a lovely, king size bed...the room was more like a suite in other chains. The bed very comfortable and the room was spotless. We loved that they offered both breakfast and dinner that evening. It unexpectedly saved us a little money. We have since stayed at the Drury several times and are never disappointed!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amarinesmom226
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The property is no longer affiliated with Drury Hotels. New signage installed the week of 11/10/2013. Online property records do not reflect a change in ownership as of 11/14/2013. Hotel was built in 1994 and is approximately 20 years old and in very good condition as a Drury. Drury no longer listing this location on their website. Quality inn listing Inn on theirs with limited information. Rates are below $100 as a Quality Inn. Very likely a bargain. Drury rates ran $100 up to $150. Rate sign is back in use. $79 posted on 11/14/2013.

Past Performance does not guarantee future results.

Room Tip: Pool at center of first floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo