“Had a blast!”

Ranked #41 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Virginia
“Had a blast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Visited Memphis for a girl's trip 12/1/12. I made the right decision by choosing this hotel over a hotel near Beale. Having a free airport shuttle and being across from Graceland just made more sense. Our room was very clean and it looked just like the pics on their website - so no surprises or disappointments. The shower pressure was great and the shower even had granite on the wall. The only thing that I must agree with previous reviews was about some mattresses being hard: there were 2 double beds - there were 3 of us and one bed had a softer mattress that was super comfy - the other one (the bed I chose) was hard and lumpy (we saw a board under the top mattress). However, we only stayed 1 nite, and after getting in from Beale St around 3 am-ish - I fell asleep immediately and slept soundly all nite so it didn't keep us from sleeping because we were really tired. But I cannot imagine lounging on it and watching tv because it really was hard (wished I would've picked the other bed :). The breakfast area was clean and the staff did a good job of keeping it stocked. There were no meat or pastries but I believe their website accurately states what is served (they only have Sweet and Low which I hate, so bring your own Splenda!) The area around the hotel was fine - so not sure why some reviews say they were scared. No, I wouldn't walk around at night alone, but I wouldn't do that anywhere. We called Marlowe's Restaurant to pick us up for dinner in their free pink limo - would highly recommend it, fun experience and the ribs were delish! The airport shuttle driver told us they don't run between noon - 4pm. I was surprised to hear that because I don't recall reading that info on the website - didn't affect us though..maybe there are few passenger flights during that time... We did have to wait a while for a cab at midnight to take us to Beale but thankfully some clubs stay open until 4 or 5 so it wasn't a big problem. Everyone at the hotel was pleasant and friendly, I would totally stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
SHELBY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Overall the hotel and staff were excellent and very friendly.Breakfast was adequate. Asked for extra coffee packets for the room , no problem , desk clerk was very eager to oblige. The only drawback was the ants on the sinks vanity. Small black ants that never left the vanity top. Had to leave all toiletries in plastic bags on nightstand. Know they didn't leave vanity because we had snack food in the room that we checked regularly and no ants were found. Complained nicely about this twice but nothing was ever done.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

NEW YORK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Excellent location, friendly and courteous staff, very clean and breakfast was varied and well-stocked. The only thing I wasn't happy with: I wanted to book a taxi to the airport because there was no information about a shuttle bus on the website at the time of booking. Turns out they did have a shuttle but before I booked it, my mother went ahead and arranged it telling the receptionist her flight was 8.30. That's my responsibility I know, but the receptionist arranged for pick-up at 7.15 when we needed to be at the airport by then so I don't think the receptionist should make that call. I asked for her to bring it forward and she called the guy but he turned up at 7.35 and proceeded to tell us he would take the long way because he didn't like the lights at a particular intersection. We arrived at the airport when we were supposed to be boarding and almost missed our flight making it very stressful. In future, book ahead and confirm the time much earlier than you need. Otherwise, everything else was great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was a funny place. Filled with Elvis pictures, things and guests that all had arrived because of Graceland. Situated across the street from Graceland and being rather cheap. Funny thing to sit and talk to people from around the world about music and rock'n'roll. Actually much more fun than visiting Graceland itself. Good american breakfast is included

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Memphis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Over all I enjoyed my stay at Days Inn Elvis Presley Blvd.
The beds were very comfortable and facilities were all fine.
The shower was faulty and this was repaired and working by the evening on our return excellent.
Service in the breakfast area and reception was polite, helpful and friendly
I felt , although the food was very nice, there could have been a little more variety ie a better choice of fruit, maybe some yoghurts to add to cereal and a wider selection of spreads for toast.
My stay was very enjoyable and the only bad thing I felt was thart the genral cleanilness of the rooms was what I would describe as shabby.
However I would definitely reccommend it to a friend and would have no hesitation in staying there again.
It was so nice to be able to walk to Gracelands.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com