“enjoyed the stay, the inn was close to resturants, shopping...”

Baymont Inn & Suites Memphis East
Ranked #51 of 136 Hotels in Memphis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Georgiana, Alabama
Reviewed July 16, 2014

1. When we arrived the room smelled like laundry that had been left in a washing machine too long (sour), but appeared to be clean. I checked under the mattresses for bed bugs. I did not find any signs of that, but the bed skirts both had dark stains on them like from water or urine. It would probably help if they washed the bed skirts at least once a week and not just the other bedding.

2. It is no joke what the other reviews say. The bathroom vent DOES sound like a chainsaw, and you can't turn it off without turning off the light. (Room 112)

3. It is also true that it is hard to find parking when you return at night.

4. True about the towels as well. Our family of 4 checked in, and they didn't bother to offer us extra towels, even though they surely knew that the room only had two towels in it (and they have never seen fabric softener). We asked for more, and instead of delivering them to the room, my husband had to bring them back, and they were the smaller pool towels. The second day, the cleaning people didn't even bother to leave ANY towels. Zero. I guess that is one way to ensure they don't get stolen!

5. And it is true that breakfast is not restocked once it begins. We ate shortly after it opened. The milk was gone, and the kids wanted cereal, but no one ever came out to replenish it. I guess they might have expected us to ask, but shouldn't someone be in charge of just checking on it?

6. In spite of all of the cons, we felt safe and the room was clean enough to tolerate for a 2 night stay, at least, for the price. I would have liked more, but you get what you pay for, and in this case, I think it was acceptable.

7. I am six feet tall. I couldn't see myself in the mirror. I had to pull up a chair and sit to do my make-up.

8. The location is very convenient if you like to eat at Cracker Barrel or Waffle House. Both are right across a street and can be walked to easily (no heavy traffic). There are also other restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Do not stay in 112. The bathroom vent is very loud, and when people are horsing around at the pool...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sarah M
Memphis
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stayed at the Baymont Hotel in Memphis TN East. Accidentally I left my comforter in the hotel room. I was traveling across country at the time. I contacted them about sending it back to me and billing my credit card. The manager informed me that they wouldn't do that for me and they certainly wouldn't wouldn't drop it off anywhere to ship. I had to send them a container with a prepaid air bill. How was I supposed to know what that amount would be? After being put on hold through USPS, I called Fed Ex and opened up an account. They said they would pick it up that afternoon. I called the hotel to let them know. When Fed Ex arrived they were told that the box wasn't big enough to ship the comforter in. I had requested if there was any problem to please call me. No call. 2 weeks later when I returned home I discovered that nothing was shipped. I called them only to have the snotty rude manager tell me that she couldn't be bothered to find a box. I then used my company's corporate account to express mail them a box with a return air bill and told them the driver would wait for them to tape up the box and would take it. Still no comforter. This week I got a phone call from Mailboxes Etc. (who uses UPS) wanting to know what they were supposed to do with "this comforter". I told them that it was supposed to be shipped USPS using the corporate account air bill in the box. So the snotty manager who was the most inhospitable person in the hospitality industry that I've ever encountered did indeed take the box somewhere to drop off and managed to screw that up too. Something that should have only cost $30 ended up costing me over $100. My first stay at this chain of hotels and probably my last. Customer service is so important, they are the liaison between the customer and the company.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo