“NO hot water”

Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis - Beale Street
Ranked #2 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Cannnot shower due to no hot water & the housekeeping comes by at 7am trying to open doors. Very odd to me. The staff was very warm & welcoming. Thery tried to assist me in that by doing half one of my rooms, but i had two rooms and i was embarrassed. I hated my other couple knew i had booked that hotel after that.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tasha S
CraigM175, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis - Beale Street, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

I was very sorry about the hot water situation as you were. I was in constant contact with our hotel team and our gas provider (MLG&W) and stayed with it until the gas service was restored. We have, as a precaution an earthquake monitor on our gas line. A dump truck doing work in the alley behind the hotel caused it to activate (has happened twice in 14 years). I know that your money was refunded as well as your friends, and I'm sorry this occurred, I also appreciate your kind comments about the team here at the hotel, especially since this incident was caused by a third party and while annoying was fortunately a happy ending.

Best Regards
Hampton Beale Street Rockers!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,099)

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We were worried this hotel might be a bit noisy due to the location (there was even a sign in the lobby warning guests of the noise), but we had no issues. The hotel is well located to Beale St and restaurants in the downtown area. We were travelling with kids and managed to fit into one room. The only complaint was the room had 2 double beds rather than queens so it was a little squished. The beds were very comfortable despite the size.

The bathroom was large and clean, the gym and pool area were good too.

Breakfast was included, and whilst it wasn't spectacular, it was more than adequate with plenty of choice.

Overall, a good hotel which I would use again if I was in Memphis.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Moosey_goosey
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Hotel was in a good location. It is a medium sized hotel, but the elevators work fine, nice lobby area, good spread for breakfast with fresh fruit to breakfast breads, cereal, etc, As a suite the rooms were spacious, comfortable, great to have a two room suite and a kitchen

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My wife and I spent a few days in Memphis in July 2013 and never having visited before we checked Tripadvisor and decided on the Hampton. It was a very good choice. Our arrival was delayed by a day thanks to United Airlines, but we phoned the hotel and they held our reservation and made no charge for the lost night. As a Gold Hilton holder we were upgraded to a suite which was superb and very spacious. Location was excellent and only a very short walk from Beale Street itself. Hotel was very clean and the staff could not have been more helpful. Breakfast was the usual Hampton affair with disposable plates/cutlery etc. but was quite acceptable and with reasonable variety. Everything was easy to reach from this hotel and we will certainly stay there again if we ever get back to Memphis.

Room Tip: If you can get a suite, with a balcony, you can sit out and enjoy the music from Beale Street at a r...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2014

After a long road trip with friends, we drove into the Hampton Inn on Peabody Place for some much needed sleep. Since it was late at night security had to let us in, which made us all feel safe and secure. All the staff was very friendly and accommodating.

The next day we had time to walk around and experience Memphis, albeit for 1 day, but nevertheless, we had a great time. My only disappointment was the parking lot. I loved that it was secure parking but on the down side, it was $17 dollars per night (rather pricey) to park my car in a parking lot that reeked of urine.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Felt very safe at this hotel based on stories I have heard about crime in Memphis, gated parking garage, had to use my room key to access hotel elevator which I liked, didn't have to worry about anybody off the street coming to my floor. Room was very clean and bed was very comfy. Nice breakfast except for the powdered eggs. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Terri S
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We arrived a couple of hours before check-in time but had no problem getting into our room early. Service at front desk was friendly and professional; even asked if we would like rooms near our friends. The sign at front desk warns about noise from Beale, but our rooms were quiet, spacious, and very clean. Beale St. Is about half a block away......GREAT music and food. We enjoyed the whole experience; and our Dawgs won the game!
This Hampton is a winner, too.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends