“Great location”

Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis - Beale Street
Ranked #2 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We always enjoy staying at Hampton Inn hotels across the country, and this particular location was very nice. It was conveniently located in the heart of Memphis, but still easy to access from the highway. The staff were quite friendly, and the amenities lived up to our expectations of this chain.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Write a ReviewReviews (2,119)

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Pros:
- Amazing service. Friendly, efficient, wonderful staff at the front desk and throughout the hotel.
- Clean rooms. Welcoming lobby.
- Great location to enjoy downtown Memphis.

Cons:
- Noise level from Beale St at night is BAD! Make sure you ask for a room away from Beale if you can or if you aren't planning on being out late. I couldn't get to sleep at all. Staff was nice enough to find me another room the next day but ask for that at check-in.
- Showerhead is HORRIBLE!

Overall, I would recommend this hotel for folks who are going to be out and enjoying Beale into the night or if you don't mind the noise from the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed here when we were in town for concert at The Fedex Forum. The location of the hotel is only a few blocks from the Forum, a few blocks to the Peabody Hotel and less than a block to Beale Street and all its fabulous restaurants. Rooms were very clean and the staff were great.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ace65
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. The location is perfection. You walk out the front door, turn the corner and Beale St. is right there!
The check-in process was quick and the staff quite friendly. Rooms were clean, and if you ask for a room on the Peabody side, noise is not an issue.
Having never been to Memphis, this hotel was fantastic, I could walk around and get souvenirs, and quickly run up to the room to drop them off and get back out onto Beale St. in under 10 minutes.
In the morning we called to see if they had French toast sticks out for breakfast...they didn't, but without us even asking, they had pulled some out and had them waiting for us when we got down to the breakfast area.

Would highly recommend staying at this hotel, and I will definitely return when I am back in Memphis

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Diana D
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stay here from time to time and have not been dissapointed yet!!! My last stay was in August for my 13 wedding anniversary and it has the same quality as always. This time I noticed that they have been renovating and I love the changes.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed in the Hampton Inn in Memphis in November 2013 on a brief tour of the city. It was such a great location, a block from Beale St and the old tram line, about ¾ of a mile from the National Civil Rights Museum, and about a mile from Sun Studio. I am of the understanding that Memphis visitors can get a tourist bus straight to Graceland from Beale St, but I had hired a car, and drove the five or so miles to get there.

The room I had at the Hampton Inn was very large, with plenty of room to spread my luggage out. The bathroom was also quite large, and the room had an LED TV & steady wi-fi (which was also good in the lobby/lounge area downstairs).

Parking was about $14 per day, but I didn’t mind, as it balanced out with some of the other Hampton Inn locations I stayed at while in the US that had free on-site parking.

For location/quality/price, I don’t think I could have picked a better hotel. It was really great to be able to get to Beale St within five minutes of leaving my hotel room, which included time to get the lift & exit the building.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank PietroMorrizio
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

We were advised to stay away from Memphis by local friends, but we wanted to come for the blues and bbq. We began by checking into the hotel and were met by a just friendly enough concierge and told where to park our car. No offers to bring our luggage in (we had to lug it all the way from the confusingly laid out parking garage, at a whopping $17/day charge separate from the booking fee), no directions to the room, and no advice about the area.

We made it to the room on the 4th floor after being told there were no available upgraded rooms as requested by me on the rewards members site. The room was standard and clean enough, though the bathroom was outdated. After being in the room for less than 5 minutes, we heard a loud scratching noise sounding like a small animal in the ceiling directly above the bed. A very concerned phone call by me to the front desk yielded an explanation of "They're renovating" but would be finished soon at 6 PM.

After a frightening night out in the ghost town that is Beale street, we came back to the room and went to sleep, only to be awoken at 7:30 AM by the sounds of hammers directly above the bed! We had a busy day planned so had no time to complain before heading out for the day.

We got back to the room shortly before 5 PM, met with the sounds of a bracingly loud resurfacing machine of some sort flooding our room. After the events of the morning, it was time to call the front desk. I stated what had happened this morning and what we were listening to now, plus the fact that at no time prior to or during check in was I told that there were incredibly disturbing renovations taking place. After
much complaining on my part, I was offered the exact same room on the 7th floor. Once room keys were delivered, we got to the new room to be greeted with a mixed aroma of paint, Febreze and old cigarette smoke. Plus the same noise as on the 4th floor!

Overall, STAY AWAY.

This review is written from a seedy bar down the street accompanied by a beer needed to calm my agitation at having to spend one more night in this hellish place.

• Stayed: December 2013