“Cheap Sunglasses Cool!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis - Beale Street
Ranked #2 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I love this hotel, it is cool, Memphis is cool! Great music, great BBQ and a very unique downtown. Tons and tons of 100 year old buildings everywhere. A real river walk that is breath taking!

Room Tip: Stay up late and sleep in

Reviewed October 12, 2011

I was a bit disappointed that I was not given my "welcome gift" when I checked in at the Hampton Inn & Suites - Memphis - Beale Street. The clerk was nice and did everything well but did not acknowledge that I was a Silver Member nor offer the welcome gift.

He did advise if I had any complaints or problems with the room that they would be handled to my satisfaction.

However, I did not have any problems other then the nite lite was not working and I reported it the next morning. The room was clean and very well equipped with all the little things a travel might not have with him. Soap, Sampoo, Shower Cap, etc. and really enjoyed the flat screen T.V.

Overall I would rate this hotel a "Must stay at" if you are in the Memphis area and it is right next to all the action on Beale Street which if you don't like loud music you better not stay here.

Room Tip: stay on the side that does not face Beale Street if you don't want to hear the music till midnig...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Best hotel in Memphis. Perfect location, the service is superior and the hotel is clean and everything is like new.

Room Tip: Go for the suite.....great views from every balcony and the suites have two big TVs and a full kitch...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2011

This hotel is right next to Beale Street and most attractions are within walking distance, with the exception of Graceland, Stax and the zoo. We stayed on the 3rd floor and whilst you could hear noise from some of the bands playing at night it didn't keep us awake at all/ The free breakfast kept us going until lunch time and it is certainly the ideal location for those looking to explore the city.

Reviewed October 5, 2011

My husband and I stayed in this hotel on our recent trip to Memphis. Located in the heart of the city, it is within walking distance to Beale Street and some great restaurants.

The hotel is new and modern and we had a great room with a comfortable bed. We appreciated especially the washer and dryer on the second floor. Coming from Europe, it was such a luxury to be able to do our laundry in a hotel!!! The complimentary breakfast was phantastic and had just about everything your heart desired.

The only negative thing was the noise from the loud music coming from Beale Street! Although the hotel states that it is not a "quiet" hotel and if you want to have peace and quietness, you should look elsewhere, it bothered us. Surely putting in sound proof windows would make a difference? Fortunately I always have ear plugs with me.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hirondelle11
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I had first stayed at the hotel in 2005 for 3 nights. We found out about the hotel from a friend. When we got there, the desk clerk was very friendly towards us. When we got to our room, my expectations for "a nice, clean room" were raised. The room was very clean, the TV worked great, and the beds were plush and clean. The bathroom was very clean as well, making me wonder why this place stays in business. We weren't planning to stay in the room all day, so we went to Beale Street, which is right across from the hotel.

Now for the revisit in July of 2010. The rooms looked renovated, but still clean, as well as the bathroom. However, we had the misfortune to stay in a room that was overlooking Beale Street. The traffic noise was bad, but since we were sound sleepers and the bed was comfy, I didn't take much notice.

This hotel deserves to be the #1 hotel in Memphis! We will come again next year!

Room Tip: Rooms away from Beale Street are more quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Brandon W
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Just returned from vacation. We spent two nights at the Hampton. The rooms were clean and the hotel was in a prime location to all the downtown activities. Yes, I would agree with the other reviews that $17 per day for parking seems a little high,but once we parked our vehicle it didn't leave the garage until the day we checked out. Because of the prime location we walked to everywhere we went. I really enjoyed our room it was like having a mini apartment.

1  Thank gg2011Ohio