“Highly Recommended”

Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis - Beale Street
Ranked #2 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Very clean and well managed hotel. excellent location with very close proximity to Beale Street (1 block). The complimentary breakfast is AAA.
Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank 1spartan1
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis - Beale Street

Reviewed May 25, 2011

The Hampton is located around the corner from the famous Beale Street and FedEx Forum where Grizzlies play and also concerts. There was a large open park across the street that had live music. The front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel has tight security ensuring your safety. The hotel was extremely clean and modern. They had free internet with computers for your use and exercise room and pool. Every morning there was a breakfast buffet set up including cereals, hot and cold, eggs, bacon, toast, muffins, waffles, fruit salad, juices and coffee. In the evening there was coffee, tea and cookies set out. It was an excellent stay and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Away for higher floor
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank rainboots
Reviewed May 24, 2011

My wife and i could have asked for a better experiance. From the time we walked through the front door, the service and staff were exceptional. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. This hotel is within a stones throw from Beales Street and the Fed Ex Forum. The best of the best!

3  Thank wisky16
Reviewed May 20, 2011

Everything about this hotel was perfect: location, service, comfort, breakfast. I was in town for business and chose to stay near Beale St instead of in the eastern part of the city. It was worth it to be able to spend my evenings on Beale. Loved the music, the food and the overall vibe. The hotel was only a half block from the action and the staff was right on with their recommendations of what to do and where to go. My next trip will be purely pleasure and I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank hinphg
Reviewed May 18, 2011

My husband and I made reservations on Jan. 9, 2011 to take a trip to Memphis, Tennessee on Feb. 17, 2011 with my brother and his wife. A $500.00 deposit per room was "non-refundable" at the time the reservation was made. On Feb. 15, my sister-in-laws dad died unexpectedly and on that day, I notified the Hampton Inn (48 hours before arrival date) that we would have to cancel. My brother received his refund; however, After 3 months of speaking to 3 "corporate guests specialists"and sending proof of death twice, my request for a refund was denied. At the very least, due to death in family, I should have received credit to be used in the future. The manner in which the Hilton Corporation handled this was very unprofessional and insensitive. I've stayed in Hampton Inns throughout the country, however, never again! I requested a response from the head of management; however, never received one. Life is unpredictable. The lack of flexibility of the Hilton Corporation is disappointing and inexcusable. I felt like someone slapped my husband and me in the face while we were down.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank splitapart
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We got stuck in Memphis on a layover due to aircraft problems. We made the most of it and stayed the night as my wife and I had talked about visiting Memphis, even here on TA. We booked the Hampton Inn on Beale Street for the night. When we got there, we realized all of our toiletries were in limbo with Delta (horrible airline experience). The front desk put together a bag of everything we would possibly need for our visit. They also recommended where we could get some real Memphis food. All of their recommendations were perfect. Blues City Cafe, Miss Polly's, and of course we saw the Peabody ducks. Service and the location, steps from Beale Street, were perfect for what we were looking for, thank you to the Hampton Inn staff.

2  Thank Sheriff3477
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Didn't find this hotel as noisy as others had said, maybe because it was raining on the three nights we stayed. Very quiet on surrounding streets apart from Beale Street. However, if you get to Sun Studios for 10.30 in the morning and hourly thereafter there is a free bus to Gracelands and all you have to do is visit Sun Studios on the way back. Glad we did this as Gracelands was fantastic and the tour of Sun Studios was great. Would never have known about this if we hadn't met an English couple in hotel at breakfast. Breakfast was okay but preferred the day we had omelette and the turkey sausages were very good.,

Room Tip: Don't bother booking a roon with balcony
3  Thank MaryWoodbine