Open today: 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Tastin' 'Round Town tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews split decision memphis bbq bbq spaghetti food tour pulled pork learning experience highly recommend this tour ribs super fun great guide van historian stops outing knowledge
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

November 17th, This tour is a great way to get to know Memphis, Beale Street, local places, and history lesson. We went to 6 places to eat, had a great variety of food, and plenty of it. Tour was well planned and the guide Taylor was an excellent historian. Never felt rushed and had plenty to eat. 1p.m. to 5 p.m. This was actually my 2nd tour, I took the tour in August and came back with my husband and was excited to share the tour with him. We were well accepted by all the establishment we went to. Can't say enough great things about Tastin' ' Round Town Memphis and think Taylor is wonderful.

Date of experience: November 2018
DrSilkes, Owner at Tastin' 'Round Town, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Kathleen,

We think Taylor is pretty great as well. I am so glad you enjoyed your second tour as much as the first! We really try to give all visitors a real taste of Memphis hospitality. I appreciate the fact that you took the time to make a post as well.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went on a tour in early November for my wife’s birthday. We live in the Memphis area and as locals, it was a wonderful experience! We were in a group of 11 and the other members of the group were from out of town. It was a perfect size for the outing.
We tried 6 authentic Memphis restaurants. The food was great at each and every location. We tried everything from upscale food to BBQ to Asian-inspired cuisine. Our tour guide was knowledgeable and gave plenty of Memphis history on the tour, not just about the food. The portions were a good size, and we definitely didn’t leave hungry! It was a good value I think overall.
Also, they were really accommodating to my wife and son’s food allergies.
I would recommend Tasting Around to anyone. Super fun way to spend a day and try lots of great food!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Not one of our better food tours. Got combined with another group who received most of the guides attention. Food was warm at best when served. Guide seemed lost half the time in spite of her GPS. Just disappointing in general. Maybe we just got them on an off day....

Date of experience: November 2018
DrSilkes, Owner at Tastin' 'Round Town, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Dallas,
I wish to apologize for not meeting your expectations on our tour. Our tours typically max out at 14 people and yes the tour that day was over that number by 11. On this day, our large group presented a few challenges we did not anticipate and for that I blame myself. My greatest foes were the torrential rain and cooler temperatures that worked against the heat integrity of the food. Again, you have my sincerest apologies. I know you might not make it back to Memphis anytime soon, however, when you return, I will gladly take your group on a private food tour.

Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

So good. Easy walking. Fun history. Excellent food. Great guide. Only problem- having to walk back to our car after all that good food.

Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had never been to Memphis before so I booked this tour to get a little "taste" of the city. Taylor was an awesome tour guide, offering lots of history and a super fun personality. This tour is so worth the money. We were completely stuffed by the end and looking forward to our next visit to Memphis!

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

Went to six different places for food . Started with dessert (what could be better) Taylor our guide is extremely knowledgeable about Memphis as well as exuberant. The food gets better with every stop but the food at bleu is New York quality. Highly recommend this tour taste of Memphis

Date of experience: October 2018