“Very nice, very good”
Review of The Farmer - MOVED

The Farmer
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Farmer's interpretation of elevated comfort food is presented to you using the freshest local and regional ingredients from sustainable farms. Expect unexpected flavors from familiar dishes. The menu changes daily, weekly and seasonally, based on the availability of ingredients. At The Farmer, we believe in supporting the locals, and the environment. We are proud to be certified by Project Green Fork and we are friends and supporters of the Memphis Farmer's Market.
Reviewed June 28, 2014

The staff was wonderful and the food was even better! Can hardly believe such great prices on such wonderful food

Reviewed June 26, 2014

We found this restaurant after looking on the Diners, Drive-ins & Dives website. Great, fresh tasting food. The filet was cooked perfectly. Definitely would recommend and return.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

It was the first time we ate at the restaurant. We enjoyed what we ordered. We even tried the dessert menu which was not often. The cake with lemon sauce was yummy. The only complaint was that the restaurant was dimly lit. We had to use my phone light to read the menu.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Memphis is known for Blues and Bar B Que, and now you need to add this little gem to the list. They open at 5:30 and we arrived 10 minutes early - no reservation, no problem, come on in, sit down have a drink while the staff gets up to speed on the daily specials. On the staff recommendation i tried the Deviled Egg starter - a common home entertaining favorite, but this was heaven sent. The yolk included feta, finely chopped basil and lemon juice. I would come back just for that.
Service was friendly and efficient. The menu selction of main courses has a wide variety of choices. I ordered the country fried steak. The staff was up front and made it clear that this was not breaded meat with a white gravy, but a pounded steak with a brown onion sauce. I would have renamed Freech Country Fried Steak.
There is outdoor seating but it is Memphis and summer time is hot and muggy. Sit inside and be comfortable, unless you are acclimated to the heat and humidity.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We decided to try this restaurant based on other reviews. It was a Saturday evening and luckily we secured the last reservation for the evening at 4pm for a 6pm table for two.
The staff were excellent. Very friendly and kind.
My husband and I started with the Roasted Marconi pepper for appetizer. It was amazing. Perfect grill on the peppers and the corn and cheese filling was wonderful.
We followed this with a Ceasar salad each. It was perfect - even down to the anchovies. Loved it.
My husband then ordered the Country Fried Steak, which, although was good and surrounded by fresh perfectly cooked summer squash, was not quite what he was expecting as it was not a true country fried steak. But it was good. My choice however was a little less fortunate. I ordered the salmon patties, something that I usually love, but they were small and under seasoned and surrounded by very bland macaroni and cheese and a large pile of greens that were fairly heavily seasoned with something vinegary. They overtook the plate and it just did not work for me. I was disappointed. However, the cream cheese pound cake and fresh strawberries for dessert was divine and we quickly shared this wonderful desert. Overall it was a nice evening with excellent service