“This is a gem for a fresh take on dining in Memphis!”
Review of The Farmer - MOVED

The Farmer
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Farmer's interpretation of elevated comfort food is presented to you using the freshest local and regional ingredients from sustainable farms. Expect unexpected flavors from familiar dishes. The menu changes daily, weekly and seasonally, based on the availability of ingredients. At The Farmer, we believe in supporting the locals, and the environment. We are proud to be certified by Project Green Fork and we are friends and supporters of the Memphis Farmer's Market.
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This little restaurant in nestled close the Memphis University with an antique shop.

Memphis is typically known for barbecue pork ribs; however it's a restaurant like the Elegant Farmer that will definitely change that!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have only had lunch at The Elegant Farmer, but it was perfect for lunch though I would like to try dinner. We sat outside and it was lovely and perfect weather with everything in bloom. The food was great and everyone there acted like they were glad we came.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My family enjoyed a meal at The Elegant Farmer during a weekend in Memphis. My son had salmon and says it was one of the best meals he's ever had in a restaurant. I had the vegetable plate and it was delicious as well. The restaurant is small and reservations for dinner are a must.

1  Thank carlynb
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This restaurant can be a little difficult to find if you are not paying attention. We nearly drove past. My husband ordered pot roast which came with roasted vegetables and a roll while I ordered the salmon cakes which came with mac and cheese and braised greens. I normally am not a fan of any leafy, green vegetables, but these were amazing! They had the perfect sweet, tangy flavor. Mac and cheese was just right -- not greasy or overly cheesy. The pot roast was fork tender and the rolls were slightly sweet and a little chewy. Each of our meals was $12 but considering the quality and amount, it was well worth it. We tried the pound cake and chocolate cake for dessert. The pound cake had whipped cream and strawberries, which was delicious. The chocolate cake was good, but not great. Dessert was $5 a piece -- a little too pricey. Just as a heads up, if you have soda, it comes from a can and may not have refills. Next time I'll stick to the water or maybe the tea. Overall, my husband and I really enjoyed our visit and am already talking about when we might have a chance to go back -- maybe when I have a chance to try their extensive wine list.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I love this farm to fork restaurant! This is my favorite restaurant and have never had anything that was not amazing to eat here. Hands down the most amazing braised greens on the planet!!!