“Great place great deserts”
Review of Muddy's Bake Shop

Muddy's Bake Shop
Ranked #2 of 23 Bakeries in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Muddys is all local and amazing. They usually have about 8 to 12 different cupcakes and for a great price. Perfect place and look for the pajama night if you wear yours you get free cupcakes

Reviewed July 22, 2013

You will NEVER be disappointed by anything in this wonderful dessert stop.
My favorite of all is the "Prozac" cupcake. I think it is the BEST EVER! It
tastes just like homemade. Everything is just awesome. Not to be missed!
You must go alone so no one has any idea what or how much you have
eaten :) ...! Just sayin...

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Even though Muddy's is a distance from downtown Memphis, it is worth the drive to East Memphis to sample Muddy's cupcakes and individual fruit pies. Not only are they absolutely delicious but also very inexpensive for this type of quality dessert. After sampling Memphis barbecue, a visit to Muddy's is a must.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I finally had the opportunity to try Muddy's cupcakes, and I was not disappointed. I stopped in the early evening before heading home and was afraid they'd be sold out. They were fully stocked.

I purchased 6 cupcakes: two red velvets, two with mocha frosting, one all chocolate and one yellow cake with white icing. They have cute names but I don't remember them off the top of my head. The cupcakes are normal sized cupcakes without a mountain of frosting or gobs of filling. For me, this was a plus as we have a local bakery that makes their cupcakes that way. The cake was moist. I had one of the mocha iced cupcakes, and I could actually taste the coffee in the frosting. The kids loved their cupcakes, and my husband, who isn't big on cake of any kind, enjoyed it too.

It's a good thing I don't live in Memphis because I'd be making weekly (or daily) trips for these cupcakes.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Got there right before closing. Our family of four ordered a slice of the chocolate dream pie, frankly scarlett, old fashioned and capote cupcakes. The owner was gracious enough to let us sit down to enjoy our sweets in the store although it was past their closing time. The chocolate dream pie had a great balance between the rich fullness of the chocolate, flaky crust and spark piquantness of the bourbon. The rest of the family couldn't devour the cupcakes fast enough and for the rest of the trip kept asking when we were going back.

This bakery offers pies, puddings, cupcakes, cookies and bars and vegan friendly varieties. Not what I think of as a traditional bakery, but what they do, they do well.