Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street)
$129
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
1,134 results
All reviewspeabody hotelgreat locationbeale streetvalet parkingsun studiosdirectly across the streettwo blocksribswithin walking distancecorner roompeabody ducksvalet staffcivil rights museumother attractionsautozone parkper daysoul museum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This hotel is in a great location, central for lots of attractions & sights in Memphis, all within walking distance.

The room was clean and reasonably sized with a decent bathroom and good water pressure. Ear plugs are provided on the bedside and it was easy to see why as the room was very noisy. I would recommend trying to get a room not facing the Peabody if you want a decent nights sleep.

The car parking is reasonably priced at $12 for 24 hours but the elevators situation is ridiculous, you end up having to carry luggage up or down stairs to ensure you can get into a elevator. They should make sure this is publicised on their website - we're able bodied, many others are not!

The fitness room is tiny however it has a reasonable amounts of equipment, but if more than a couple of people were in there at once you would struggle to exercise effectively.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms facing the Peabody!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AngusDiver
DOSHIDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Thank you for your review of our Holiday Inn Select Downtown Memphis. We are happy that you enjoyed the great location of the hotel, and you were able to easily walk to the attractions. Along with the great benefits of being downtown, does come the excitement of the downtown festivities. In regard to parking and luggage, we do have bellman available to happily assist guests to their vehicle and to provide assistance with luggage. We do appreciate your comments and look forward to having you here again. Please contact me directly when I can help you with future reservations.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice. The location is great for anything downtown. My meeting was only a few blocks away. There were also plenty of things to do within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
DOSHIDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you for your review of our Holiday Inn Select Downtown Memphis. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and our hotel amenties. On behalf of our entire staff, thank you for staying with us. We are happy to accommodate you whenever you have meetings in the area. Please come back and see us soon! If I can be of any assistance with future reservations, please contact me directly. We looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I'm having trouble believing what others are saying about this hotel. No negative comments here. From the moment we walked in the door, we were treated like royalty. My companions on this trip were friends I often travel with. We've been to London, Las Vegas, Chicago, Boston, Branson, Pittsburgh, etc. We all enjoyed our stay in Memphis. My friend and I were first to arrive. We decided to put our bags in the room then wait for the others in the cocktail lounge, We were delighted to find that the room was clean and spacious and the bathroom had adequate counter space for two women with makeup and hair-care products. Back downstairs we found a delightful cocktail server working behind the bar. She made us feel right at home and never allowed our glasses to get empty. Presently, the rest of our friends arrived and we all enjoyed greeting each other and chatting and catching up. The staff was very accommodating allowing us to push tables together as more friends arrived. None of us had ever been to Memphis before so it was a joy to find out we could walk to almost everything we wanted to do. That first evening we dined on incredible ribs and brisket at The Rendezvous just down the alley next to the hotel. The following morning we went to the Denny's just down the block for breakfast then nipped across the street to see the world famous march of the Peabody ducks. At various times we were able to walk to the riverfront for a riverboat ride, to the Gibson Guitar factory for a tour, to many wonderful bars and restaurants. We rode in one of the horsedrawn carriages that gather across the street and, of course, walked to Beale Street. The only place that required a car was the day we went to Graceland. The rest of the time we were delighted to be able to walk. On our final day, my friend and I had flights leaving Memphis in the late afternoon. The staff at the desk were kind enough to allow us a later than normal check out time. With the extra time allowance we were able to do one last fun thing and that was to take the Riverfront Trolley Circuit from South Main Street. My only complaint, and it's a small one, I wish the bar opened earlier. My friends and I had no large public space to visit inside the hotel so we ended up at neighborhood bars...also, we had hoped to get a nightcap on Saturday evening after a night out, but the bar had already closed. It seems like Saturday night would be a night for the bar to be open a bit later. If I'm ever in Memphis again, I will definitely stay here and I'll certainly recommend The Holiday Inn Select to friends.

Room Tip: Our room on the 10th floor overlooked the pool. The view was pleasant and we weren't bothered by traffic noise being that high.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Andrea2354
DOSHIDowntown, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Select Memphis - Downtown (Beale Street), responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time in Memphis and the amenities, service and location of our hotel. I sincerely appreciate you taking time to comment about all the great things our city and hotel have to offer. Please come visit us again anytime! Also, I will be sure to share your comments regarding our sports bar to the food and beverage director. Thank you again and please contact me for future reservations!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This Inn has a great location. Its right in the heart of downtown Memphis. The Minor League ballpark for the Cardinals AAA farm club is next door. The Rendezvous barbecue restaurant is right behind, and Beale street is two blocks away. The price was reasonable. All that being said, housekeeping was indifferent - we did not get the same number of towels two days running and it was often short. The front desk was advised that there were no bulbs in the desk lamp, but they didn't get installed. The icemaker on my floor didn't work, had to go down one floor to get ice. The elevators were slow for the main body of the hotel and the elevator for the parking garage was glacial. After I left, I called to hotel asking for a copy of my receipt to be sent to me, providing my e-mail, it never came.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments! I am happy you enjoyed our hotel and location. Please contact me directly, and I will be happy to email you the copy of your receipt. I would also like to get additional details regarding your stay. I look forward to hearing back from you.

clewis@hisdowntownmemphis.com

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Arrived at this hotel with a party of 4 only to find that my travel company had messed up my reservation and the hotel was fully booked (Saturday in Memphis). However the staff, in particular Teena, could not have been more helpful and within an hour had fixed us up with 2 rooms. Nice mid-priced hotel in a great Downtown location and I would have no hesitation in using it again. Could not find fault at all.

Room Tip: front facing rooms can be a wee bit noisy when the motorcycles are cruising.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments. I am thrilled that Ms. Teena was able to assist you, and that we were able to accommodate your request. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again soon! Please know you are more than welcome to contact us directly for future reservations. Thank you again for staying with us!