“Great food for a Collllllllddddddd day!”
Review of Johnny G's Creole Kitchen - CLOSED

Johnny G's Creole Kitchen
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Neighborhood: Downtown
Sherwood, Arkansas
“Great food for a Collllllllddddddd day!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The lady friend and I made another visit to Johnny G's during the Beale Street Music Fest. It was a bitter cold Sunday for lunch and the place was hoppin' with Grizz game on. I had the Voodoo Chicken Big Bowl & and Bowl of Greens. Great flavors with just a little kick at the end. Also had nicely battered piece of catfish. Glad to see this place busy and really offers an alternative to the BBQ and fried whatever found mostly on Beale. We shall be back!

• Visited May 2013

springfield, Missouri, USA
“This place's fried catfish is BOSS”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have been to Johnny G's twice. Once was during the Memphis in May festival, the other was just in March of 2013. There is an old dude in a pimp suit, waving people in. He is hilarious, and very colorful. The fried catfish is THE thing to get. I love fried catfish, and I have eaten it all over the country. This place is my second favorite fried catfish ever. They have big beers, good sides. Great staff, very friendly. If you're not a local, ask them about places to go, and tell them what you're looking for. They'll probably steer you in the right direction. I will be going back there on Friday (2 days from now), and I'm pretty excited.

• Visited March 2013
San Francisco, California
“Yummy, yummy”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

we passed Johnny G's a few times but then got a hankering for a Po' Boy and had to go in.
OOEEYYY!!!!!! The shrimps in the po' boy were very delicately fried and still quite juicy. It came with a side of slaw and potato salad. we also got a cup of bumblebee stew-a mixture of corn, beans, rice and maybe something else, and we got some FABULOUS raw oysters. We travel the world a lot and do not normally repeat a restaurant in the same trip but we ended up going a 2nd night in a row after we were at Johnny Lee's new place for 1 1/2 hours and could not get fed.
Tonight we tried the oyster Po' Boy and went for a dozen oysters. It will be hard to pass this place by again but we need to try other spots. for now all I can say is YUM.

• Visited April 2013
Cape Girardeau, MO
“Awesome food! Even better service! Loved it!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

During a girls weekend in Memphis, we showed up at this very small establishment with no reservation and 11 people. They could have easily turned us away or split us up into different tables, but they could not have been more accommodating! The quickly moved tables around and had us all seated together. We shared apps of crawfish (wonderful!) and fried pickles (a little greasy, but what do you expect when you order fried food?). I ate the shrimp po boy and it was great! The portions were huge and the food so tasty. Mine came with potato salad that we begged for the recipe for (they won't give it up and I don't blame them). Our waiter was so attentive and funny! It was hands down our best Memphis dining experience!

• Visited April 2013
Lansing, Michigan
“Best Fried Pickles”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Every time I go to Memphis I have to come here. They have theeee best po boys. Love the fried oyster po boy. Can't forget they have the best fried pickles in the city!!!!

• Visited September 2012