“Just so, so.”

Logan's Roadhouse
Ranked #962 of 1,494 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My work partner and I went here for a dinner prior to heading to work for a late night. I ordered the popular Logan which was a sirloin and he ordered a filet. I can usually hit a home run with a well prepared sirloin as I prefer the taste even though it is not as tender as a filet. Taste was good, but it was tougher than most I have had. The filet was described as the "worst filet I have ever had" as it was tough. They were both cooked correctly but my steak had the appearance of moist from the butter??? applied to it. Service was good and in general it was ok but did not rank better than a 3 for us.

LogansRoadhouse, Guest Relations Manager at Logan's Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Sorry you weren't happy with our food Donald! We're going to pass this along and see what we can do to improve at this location.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Ordered filet and fried shrimp and shrimp scampi. Steak was too rare to eat, sent back for more cooking; fried shrimp were too salty in batter/ shrimp scampi was too hot with pepper on top, baked sweet potato was burned on the sides and bottom, lost about 1/3 of it; plus grilled mushrooms were heavily over-salted. Let the restaurant hungry! Waitress was great and attentive but she could not fix bad meal., Talked to manager when leaving, he only said he would speak to cook about spices, was only offer to fix this- will not be back here.

NEVER had this kind of meal at Logan's on Germantown Rd, Memphis- will go back there for future meals out.

Hi Eddie, sorry you weren't happy with our food! Sounds like a few things may have gone wrong that we may be able to correct. Could you please reach out to us at guestrelations@logansroadhouse.com? Thank you.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

After much discussion and debate on where to eat on the first night of our women's retreat, we settled on Logan's because it's reasonably priced and offers a good selection of dinner choices. We almost always eat at Logan's regardless of our location because it's one of the only places that ALL of us (15) can find something.

We are used to a long wait for a table, but once we were seated, our waiter took a while to get to us. Friday night, group of 15 women, it's cool.

But then...he came back 3 times before taking our drink orders, during which he told 2 of our ladies that they couldn't order coffee because he didn't want to make it. He brought hot rolls, but explained we couldn't have plates or silverware because there were no clean dishes in the restaurant. It was at minimum half an hour after getting drinks to place our food orders, which our waiter blamed on the kitchen (?).

As expected in a group of 15, it took a while to get our food (about 45 minutes). It's not uncommon for the kitchen to make a few errors in prep for that many people, but half our table had orders that were wrong in some way, and had to wait another 30 minutes or so before getting their corrected plates.

When it came time to pay the bill, our waiter did offer the entire group a $3 coupon, which was a nice gesture. However, after giving tickets out, he was missing one and just sort of shrugged his shoulders as if to say "I don't know what you're going to do."

We scrambled to make change plus tip so we wouldn't have to wait for a return receipt from the waiter. One ticket was messed up and one lady paid with her debit card. It took him 20 minutes to run the card, and another 25 to correct the wrong ticket.

Please understand that we always visit Logan's and have never experienced such awful service, even as a large group of people. Understanding that we ARE a large group and things take extra time, it still should not have been a 3 1/2 hour dinner.

Many of our ladies experienced stomach troubles late into the night and the next day. Not sure if that is attributed to the food, old grease, or even possibly a virus, but it's enough for us to not consider Logan's in the future.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Never had a bad meal here and prices are pretty reasonable. Ribs were very tender and sides were great.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Wasn't busy, lots of empty tables, waited 50 minutes and watched three tables get their food who sat down after we'd already ordered before walking out! No apology, no explanation, no nothing from the server. We were directed to our table *through the kitchen* -- no, I'm not kidding, she walked us THROUGH THE KITCHEN to get us to the table. We sat looking at all the empty tables and every couple sitting down would look at the server then look at the empty peanut buckets. Every diner would then get the empty bucket and take it to another empty table and we saw countless servers walking by the tables just covered with empty buckets. Not only did they never bring peanuts to the diners but they never cleared the empties either.

We were next to the windows on Poplar side and right in front of the pop machine. Ummm, has the state or county been out lately to look at that thing? I can just about guarantee it wouldn't pass a Health inspection! From what we saw of the kitchen it was absolutely FILTHY!

I called corporate three times over 5 days, left a voicemail asking for a callback to complain and never did receive a call. I called the location and spoke with Melvin who apologized profusely, which I appreciate. I'm totally serious - someone from corporate needs to make a surprise visit to this place! I take employees to Logan's all over the country for my job and I have never EVER been in one this bad!

Been to Logan's Roadhouse? Share your experiences!