“Horrible. Eat at own risk.”
Review of Swanky's Taco Shop

Swanky's Taco Shop
Ranked #238 of 1,457 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Mexican
Paragould, Arkansas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible. Eat at own risk.”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I ate here for dinner with my wife and kids. I ordered the steak fajitas. The steak was nasty with no seasoning, the tortillas were cheap yucky weird tasting things, black beans tasted as if fresh out of a can, and the rice was unflavored. Chips and salsa were not complimentary. My wife's $8 taco plate was for tacos only, no sides. Tacos were mediocre at best and served Luke warm to cold. I would rather of had Taco Bell. The food would have been better and the price cheaper. The decor was nice and the waiter was good, but it will never go there again.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Courtney Y

“Way Too Expensive”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I love Taco's but this was a huge disappointment. The prices were very expensive for the little bit of food you received. I order fish tacos and received two very small tacos, with tiny little pieces of fish, a shred of lettuce and a couple of scraps of tomatoes. They had only white flour tortillas, no corn tortillas available. My wife had chicken enchiladas. Again very small servings.

Perhaps I am being over critical, but when you receive two small tacos, and two small enchiladas plus a spoon full of beans and the check is $24.00 I think that is a very poor value. I could have at least gotten full at Taco Bell for half the price and the quality would have been only slightly worse.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank GilB867
Tupelo,MS
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This place gets a lot of hype and positive comments. I was not impressed at all. We had the queso dip and asked for salsa but never received the salsa. The queso dip was bland and milky to me. Chips tasted bagged. We each ordered the build your own taco. Maybe this wasn't the best choice. I got a chicken and fajita beef hard shell. I asked if the fajita beef was cooked to order and the server said no it was made this morning. The chicken tasted like finely chopped chicken with a little salsa mixed in and there were a few little fatty looking pieces in there. The fajita beef was the worst I have had. Chunks of beef and reminded me of alpo. I took a bite of the tacos and they just weren't that good. Then I poured the sauce at the table over the tacos. Suddenly they were transformed into a tasty taco. The sauce is great. So, bad taco, great sauce. Drown your food in the sauce and it's ok. Spouse got the ground sirloin tacos. I would have rather made rotel at home and cooked some ground chuck with taco seasoning and made tacos. The food was not good to us and I won't go back unless we are with friends that want to eat there and then I would try a different dish. Price was about 25 bucks two people. No alcoholic beverages, had sodas.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Bigfamily44
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great service on online / to go orders”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I placed an online order, then decided to go in and order in person. The staff was friendly and flexible with my change, even when I added additional items.

Visited September 2013
“Great Fish Tacos”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Not your typical "Mexican" restaurant. Fresh, good tacos, etc... and great drinks in a fun atmosphere for the kids or that special person!

Visited August 2013