“Something for everyone...”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I'm not one of those people who loves going out for breakfast, but I did enjoy this restaurant. There's a very large menu, and it's one of the few places where I dined in Tennessee and was able to order healthy, yet tasty food. Of course, there's no shortage of fried, butter-saturated, and pork items on the menu.
The restaurant was very cute, and our service was excellent.

There are newer reviews for Blue Plate Cafe Downtown

Reviewed September 6, 2013

If you want a good breakfast in Memphis, the Blue Plate Café does not disappoint. Located a block off Main Street and an easy walk from the Main Street Trolley stop, the Blue Plate offers up a great southern breakfast in a cozy, relaxed atmosphere. The biscuits here are to die for, fluffy and hot. If I'm back in Memphis I will be sure to make a breakfast stop at the Blue Plate.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food was wonderful, the service great and the atmosphere very nice. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his southern style breakfast and I had the fluffy fruit pancakes.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Good decent southern food. Been there al least six times while in town for business. You can always count on them for good service and good food. Breakfast and lunch and not overpriced!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I've given this place several chances, but my last was my last. Almost $30.00 for eggs, toast and bacon juice, and coffee for two????
The food is just "fair", the service is poor. Served toast that wasn't toasted, had to get up and find our server for coffee refills and to have our toast toasted. The blonde skinny cashier acts like she is doing you a favor by taking your money. Keep looking, better service and better value is available.