“First Meal in Memphis was a Good One”

Blue Plate Cafe Downtown
Ranked #18 of 1,506 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed September 6, 2013

If you want a good breakfast in Memphis, the Blue Plate Café does not disappoint. Located a block off Main Street and an easy walk from the Main Street Trolley stop, the Blue Plate offers up a great southern breakfast in a cozy, relaxed atmosphere. The biscuits here are to die for, fluffy and hot. If I'm back in Memphis I will be sure to make a breakfast stop at the Blue Plate.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food was wonderful, the service great and the atmosphere very nice. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his southern style breakfast and I had the fluffy fruit pancakes.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Good decent southern food. Been there al least six times while in town for business. You can always count on them for good service and good food. Breakfast and lunch and not overpriced!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I've given this place several chances, but my last was my last. Almost $30.00 for eggs, toast and bacon juice, and coffee for two????
The food is just "fair", the service is poor. Served toast that wasn't toasted, had to get up and find our server for coffee refills and to have our toast toasted. The blonde skinny cashier acts like she is doing you a favor by taking your money. Keep looking, better service and better value is available.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This place is known for their ribs. Those were good but save room for the hot apple dumpling. It comes in a hot small iron skillet topped with vanilla ice cream. The description doesn't do it justice. Let me say this, if they had been opened when we left Memphis the next morning, we would have ordered one a piece and not shared it like we did the night before!!

Been to Blue Plate Cafe Downtown? Share your experiences!