“Blue plate menu, reasonable price, but so, so.”

Blue Plate Cafe Downtown
Ranked #17 of 1,509 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

We had a variety of dishes. Breads good. Omelette were a little oily. I had sweet potatoe, turnip greens and cheeseburger soup. The soup was not real good, but my wife had white bean soup and it was very good. Salad was just iceberg lettuce. I guess what one would expect in blue plate place. It was convenient to our hotel at Springhill Suites. I could eat here again, but wouldn't seek it out.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed at the Madison and walked around the corner for breakfast and it was great. Generous portions and very good service. Probably the best bet for breakfast downtown.

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Blue plate is the perfect restaurant especially if you work downtown. The breakfast and lunch menus have a good variety of food to choose from and the prices are very reasonable. I typically use their call in service and my orders are never wrong. Portion sizes are good and the food is always tasty.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

In town for Bowl game, Beale street was very busy. Stopped at Blue Plate, and in spite of being very busy, were quickly seated, quickly served beverages, and relatively quickly served very tasty food. Are the ribs the best in Memphis?? Probably not, but they are very good! Catfish is even better, and the gumbo is the best I've had north of New Orleans! Family friendly, tasty and not too expensive considering the portions.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had breakfast and it was wonderful. Portions are huge so come hungry. We really enjoyed the atmosphere. There is wonderful art on all the walls. Decorated in a farm house style.The food was fresh, from scratch, complete yumminess! The best biscuits I've ever had. Watching the drunk guy out the window was entertaining as well.