“Average fare, good for lunch or breakfast”

Blue Plate Cafe Downtown
Ranked #18 of 1,494 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Typical diner fare. Good for a quick lunch or breakfast. Just average, I ate here twice. Once for lunch and once for breakfast.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

We went here several times for breakfast during our stay in Memphis. Food was always good. Service was excellent (thank you, Sandra) and they opened at 8am, so we got a hearty meal and were able to hit the tourist trail early in the day.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

After the advertising they do about their BBQ ribs; the awards they've won, etc., I wasn't impressed with their food - it was common steam table fare, and the ribs were taken from a large pan, stuck under a broiler for a few minutes and served. Not my idea of prize winning BBQ ribs...

Reviewed January 2, 2012

I didn't think this place was that great - although the guys I was with loved the big portions. The food is kind of greasy and not really that special. It's fine, it's just not better than anyplace else. Also, I didn't think the service was the great - our waitress was a little unfriendly.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

We came here for breakfast. It was pretty crowded so it seems like a lot of people like it. The waitress was attentive and very friendly. Everyone enjoyed their food. Prices were average.

Been to Blue Plate Cafe Downtown? Share your experiences!