“Backbeat Tours - A Must for Memphis Visitors”
Review of Backbeat Tours

$41.52*
Memphis Discovery Tour including Rock and Soul Museum
$74.29*
and up
Graceland Tour: Elvis Experience Pass with Round-Trip Transportation from...
Ranked #4 of 31 Tours in Memphis
More attraction details
Owner description: Backbeat Tours offers a variety of different ways to see and experience the best of Memphis, including sightseeing bus tours and walking tours such as the popular Memphis Ghost Tour in the evenings and the Memphis History Tour in the daytime. Our Memphis Mojo Tour -- the city's only live music tour -- is the most entertaining way of experiencing the best of Memphis!
Reviewed May 7, 2011

We were unsure whether to take this tour as we had already visited Memphis before and seen most of the sites/attractions. We decided to take the tour after all and were not disappointed. Our guide was Gary Hardy and he is so knowledgeable and has led such an interesting life that he is fascinating to listen to. We spent about 2 hours on the bus and did the Mojo Tour. This cost $28 and was well worth the money. He sings and plays the guitar and the people on the bus can sing along and play instruments also. Well worth doing.

Reviewed April 26, 2011

I've visited Memphis too many times to count over my past three decades as a group tour escort. Truthfully, it's always been a bit of a ho-hum town for me as I don't care for the blues or Elvis, and neither do most of my usually white, mature adult travelers. Were it not for the airport, it would be a town I'd likely skip. On my visit a couple weeks ago, my friends at Destination King turned me on to Backbeat Tours. Now remember, I'm a professional tour taker. I've seen hundreds of tour guides in my life, but never, NEVER have I experienced anything quite like the tour I enjoyed under the entertaining and knowledgeable leadership of Memphis Jones (assisted by Backbeat president William Patton). On an absolutely miserable, cold day with rain pelting the bus in sheats, Mr. Jones held my complete and utter attention for two hours. Not only that, he actually convinced me of the important place the blues holds in our nation's musical spectrum to the point I purchased a compilation CD before departing the city. Two more hours in his company and I could actually become an Elvis fan, too. ATTENTION PRESENT AND FUTURE MEMPHIS VISITORS: You are cheating yourself, your friends and your family of all ages if you don't take a Backbeat Tour of this fascinating city.

5  Thank yourtourguy444
Reviewed March 24, 2011

This tour was extremely entertaining and informative. Our tour guide/musician, Memphis Jones, was very knowledgeable, funny, and passionate about the rich history and culture of Memphis. I will do this tour again next time I visit. Anyone who misses this will just never know they missed the best tour in Memphis!!

Reviewed February 21, 2011

Myself husband and two adult daughters enjoyed this tour even if we didn't get all the jokes. Loved the singing and music history lesson. A must do while in Memphis

Reviewed January 17, 2011

My work colleagues and I enjoyed the 90-minute musical and historical bus tour. Our guide, Ping, a local musician entertained us and kept us smiling by performing a broad range of songs from Memphis legends (Elvis Presley, B.B. King, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis) to Stax Recording Artists (Booker T. & the MGs, Otis Redding, Al Green) and providing his personal insights on Memphis history and sites (Sun Studio, National Civil Rights Museum, Stax Museum, WC Handy House, Beale Street and Overton Park). Ping's passion for music and Memphis showed in his enthusiasm and great vocals. I would recommend taking this tour first because it gives great overview of Memphis history and attractions.

1  Thank Hideo