“This La Quinta is great!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase
Ranked #9 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
GreenLeadersGold level
Lorton, Virginia
“This La Quinta is great!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have stayed at several La Quintas now. I am realizing they must not have a minimum standard for these. This particular La Quinta is GREAT!!! Their pet policy is wonderful. The service at the front desk was very friendly. The rooms were clean and updated. The continental breakfast is much better than your average. There are good restaurants and a huge mall within walking distance, yet the hotel is quiet and has a nice grassy field for dogs to exercise their legs. And, thank the lord, the entire hotel is non-smoking. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I would pay a premium to be in a non-smoking hotel. I have stayed here three times now and it is my go to hotel when I am in Memphis. Yes, it is about 20 minutes from dowtown, but it is perfectly situated for visiting my family and getting around Memphis.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor near the lobby are a little noisy in the mornings due to the proximity...
Green Features: I am very happy that the hotel is attempting to be more sustainable. I have been here three times in the course of two years, and so far they seem to be consistent with their practices.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mich90

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Monrovia, California
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We left Nashville for a few days in Memphis. I wasn't familiar enough to realize this hotel is a good 25 minute drive into Memphis. But, the hotel itself was a wonderful choice. It was so comfortable. First, as we come up the gal outside is sweeping and asks if we are checking in; she was our check in person. To me that shows pride in one's place of business.
One gentleman at the desk recommended Blue City Cafe for dinner. We liked the ribs so much we went back a second time the next day. Okay, let's be honest, the ribs were excellent, but the apple dumpling is to die for.
The room and bathroom were so clean, and the towels were just the right balance of thickness. Even though the window did not open the air conditioning unit brought in air, and it was not noisy at all. The bed, oh the bed, was so comfortable. It was the best night's sleep for the two nights we were there.
I liked that the closet had a door, it keeps one's belongings private.
Although there were a freeway and restaurants, including a Hooters, across the road, the room was very quiet.
The breakfast choices were good. A range from cereal, waffles, eggs, sausage. One could get a good breakfast.
Loved the swimming pool and my husband enjoyed the spa. We could have spent our morning there very easily.
Would return in an instant should our travels take us to Memphis again.
A real plus, the AAA rate made this a great value. You can pay so much more and get so much less.

Austin, TX
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is a newer updated la Quinta. Our king size room was quite spacious. There are several restaurants within walking distance. For those traveling with pets, La Quinta has a great pet policy. You just need to let them know in advance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Alton, Illinois, USA
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Perfect for business overnighter... restaurants within walking distance, right off the interstate, clean, friendly, good breakfast, will return, this has to be 200 characters so I am typing extra stuff

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank ronp745
Richland, Washington
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We picked this hotel because it had decent reviews and we wanted some place not too far from Graceland. Our stay was pleasant. The room is small but comfortable. I would suggest that the desk is moved away from the air conditioner as it freezes you out when you sit there and if you turn off the air conditioner the room heats up pretty fast.

The breakfast was okay. They offer waffles, eggs, juice, toast, bacon, sausages etc. The bacon was somewhat underdone and greasy but everything else seemed okay.

The staff was cordial but not really friendly but I don't book a hotel for the friendliness of the staff.

Overall, I would probably stay here again.

Franklin, North Carolina
Reviewed September 5, 2013

When I read some of the reviews people write, I'm amazed.. picking at every little thing. This hotel looks new, the staff is friendly and attentive.
Breakfast had scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits and a ton more stuff.
The hotel exceeded my expectations..
When we go through Memphis, we will stay here again.

2 Thank wardsusan
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time staying at this La Quinta. Once again, my standards were met. I arrived early (close to 1:30), and I didn't expect to get my room. The girl working the front, Alli or Ally I think, went floor to floor and got me checked in with little to no wait. I appreciated it because I had been driving for hours.
My room was just as exceptional as the last time. It was clean and neat and made me feel at home. After a much needed nap, Michael at the front desk helped me with some restaurant choices and even gave me a coupon.
The breakfast in the morning was as good as before. It was all hot and tasted great. Not to mention it's complimentary.
My stay was just as exceptional as before. I obviously will be back.

• Stayed August 2013