“Happy Fish Friday in Memphis ”

AJ's Catfish Station
Ranked #524 of 1,700 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed February 8, 2019 via mobile

In #Memphis , we love fish on Friday and A and J's Catfish Station delivers every time. I love my city mane!

We've had the fried, the grilled, and now we've had the blackened #catfish and I can honestly say, all three are amazing! The fried fish is a golden, flaky, and delicious down to the last bite. We usually get the fries as a side and the hush puppies are included. These hush puppies are amazing little balls of breaded heaven. YUMMERS!

The grilled fish is a great choice for the health conscious. It's seasoned to perfection and we usually grab a double order of green beans that they season with turkey bacon ... If you're watching the calories and you're looking to grab a bite, #AandJsCatfishStation is the spot! Especially if you're in the #HickoryHill area

Tonight, the Blackened Fish did not disappoint!!! When we walked in , the line was long , this always makes me smile. I Love the support! It didn't take long and once I paid, my order was handed to me. Another plus! I haven't had bread in weeks and those hush puppies were calling my name but I resisted... the fish was delicious and the green beans were on point!

Great job A and J's

We'll be back! #LocalVibesOnly I wanna try the blackened chicken Philly next!

#Foodie #Memphis #LocalVibesOnly #Choose901 #LocalLoveMemphis #Memphis #ILoveMemphis #InstaGood #ShopLocal #EatLocal #BuyLocal #DrinkLocal #MemphisMade #CelebrateMemphis #AskMemphisLocals #InstaPic #MemphisTravel #CelebrateMem #ShareGoodNews #MemphisTourism #MemphisBest #MemphisFlyer #OWNtv #Regram #MemphisInsider #LVO #DowntownMemphis #InstaMemphis

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

Ordered the large catfish fillet with fries, coleslaw and hush puppies. Servers brought the fish piping hot to the table. Enjoy the meal especially the hush puppies. Took a dozen back to Chicago with me. AJ'S is a REAL CATFISH STATION!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018

I ordered the fillet and shrimp dinner. The dinner came with (2)two pieces of fish, 6 shrimp, 3 hushpuppies, coleslaw and tater sauce and hot sauce. I could only eat one piece of fish and a couple of shrimps. I heated up the remainder of my dinner the next day in the oven and it was still delicious.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed January 16, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stopped by here a week ago because I wanted some catfish. I'm glad we did. We ordered a catfish plate and a chicken wing plate. The catfish reminded me of good soul cooking with homemade fish meal. The chicken wings were nice sized whole wings and were seasoned well. The side items we had were pretty good, too. If you're looking for some real catfish or just some good food and service, then give AJ's Catfish a visit.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed June 24, 2015 via mobile

Me and my husband Went here for the catfish plate and was let down. It was something I could've cooked and for the price, i should've. If I'm going out specifically for something i expect to be wowed and i wasn't. Nothing more to say except i won't and don't recomend any serious fish eaters to patron here solely for that as i did you'll be sorely disappointed.

Date of visit: June 2015

Been to AJ's Catfish Station? Share your experiences!