“Fabulous Food”
Review of Restaurant Iris

Restaurant Iris
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Iris is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 1,527 Restaurants in Memphis
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cooper
Description: Born and raised in Southern Louisiana, Chef Kelly English fell in love with the culture and food of New Orleans. Equipped with his training from award-winning Chef John Besh, English presents a unique dining experience. Restaurant Iris specializes in French-Creole cuisine featuring local and seasonal ingredients. English infuses his endless creativity and passion for food into each dish. Whether indulging in his Oysters three ways, a "Knuckle Sandwich", or a dessert made just for you, one is sure to reap the benefits of English"s rich culinary background. We invite you to experience Restaurant Iris, simplicity at its most elegant. Please note: Due to the limited capacity of our dining room, we offer limited online reservation availability. For more information regarding availability, please contact the restaurant directly.
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We went to Restaurant Iris for my wife's birthday. Everything we ate was fabulous and Jaime's service was impeccable. I heartily recommend this jewel of a restaurant.

1  Thank Angela G

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I went to Iris on Wednesday night, April 2nd, and had an amazing dinner. Our server, Scarlett, was extremely attentive and knowledgeable on both the menu and wines. She took the extra step to ensure that we were happy throughout the entire meal. The food was outstanding as well! I can't wait to get a babysitter and come back again!

1  Thank Megs708
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I loved this place! I had the five course tasting menu and every course was delicious. I think they played it a little safe, serving all of their "house specialities" but it was nice to be able to taste all of them. The serving size of each plate was doable. The wine pairing were also nice. I always like the opportunity to try things I probably wouldn't have.

The ambiance is lovely- small rooms with 4-5 tables each. Not weirdly quiet but easy to converse. We started with an appetizer and drinks next door at Second Line just to try it. Both places were very good but you can understand why Iris has earned the reputation it has- excellent! Make reservations well in advance.

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful dinner. Food was terrific. The service was good. The atmosphere was intimate. ( It is in an old home .. Intimate ... Charming) A Great evening overall l!!!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

13 tables in a quaint Victorian house. They now have a bar next door; but they always hacew served liquor. The food is beyond compare and the will portion it to your likeness. Best to maske reservations well in advance and they are only open for dinner. 2 patio seats.