“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Restaurant Iris

Restaurant Iris
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Iris is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 1,436 Restaurants in Memphis
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cooper
Description: Born and raised in Southern Louisiana, Chef Kelly English fell in love with the culture and food of New Orleans. Equipped with his training from award-winning Chef John Besh, English presents a unique dining experience. Restaurant Iris specializes in French-Creole cuisine featuring local and seasonal ingredients. English infuses his endless creativity and passion for food into each dish. Whether indulging in his Oysters three ways, a "Knuckle Sandwich", or a dessert made just for you, one is sure to reap the benefits of English"s rich culinary background. We invite you to experience Restaurant Iris, simplicity at its most elegant. Please note: Due to the limited capacity of our dining room, we offer limited online reservation availability. For more information regarding availability, please contact the restaurant directly.
Memphis, Tennessee
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

We celebrated our anniversary with another couple. The food was very good. Kelly came by the table and visited. Would definitely return.

• Visited August 2013

“Excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Dean is a great server. Ask for him if you go. Had made reservations like we do every year on the 23rd through the website. Was supposed to get $25 credit toward meal and a $25 gift card for next visit. Management wouldn't give us the instant credit cause they said we made reservation through open table. I showed them where we had not done that. Even after $300 bill before tip they wouldn't honor credit. We go there often but won't return. Just the principle. No open table points or credit. Other nice steak places in Memphis so we'll go there.

• Visited December 2013
Tennessee
“Best Meal in Memphis...and more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

I had heard about this place for some time but had never had the chance to visit, but finally we had a night to ourselves and decided to give it a try. I made reservations through open table and was ready for our experience. when we arrived we were promptly seated and taken to a nice table. This place is a old house converted to a restaurant so it is not very big. I had done a little research online and had an idea of what I wanted to order, so for a starter i went with the pork raviolo and my wife had the lobster knuckle sandwich...both were amazing and i was surprised about how much lobster was actually served. She ordered the redfish and I had the surf and turf which was a good sized new york Strip cooked to perfection split open and stuffed with fired oysters and covered with a Blue cheese on top of small fried potatoes. we also had an order of the Brussel sprouts with our dinner, they were excellent as well. i would definitely recommend and i will be going back...many times!

• Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Special anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

My husband and I had an excellent meal with great ambiance the staff made it very special. Especially liked the scroll , it's presentation, and the wine. Can't wait until the next time...it doesn't have to be an anniversary

• Visited January 2013
Waterloo, Canada
“Lovely place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

My companion and I had the tasting menu with the wine flights. The waitress told us that there were two different tasting menus and suggested we share: she put the plates in the middle of the table so we could put food on our own plates. It worked out very well. For dessert they let you order both the dessert and drink off the menu, which I really liked (I had the cheese plate with port).

I didn't think that every dish was spectacular, but many were and there were no duds. So I wouldn't say it was a meal I'll remember, but it was a great evening.

The only off note, and this is really nitpicking, is that the waitress came by after every course and said something along the lines of, "Wasn't that fantastic?" That put me off.

• Visited November 2013