“Very Nice”
Review of Restaurant Iris

Restaurant Iris
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Iris is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 1,469 Restaurants in Memphis
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cooper
Description: Born and raised in Southern Louisiana, Chef Kelly English fell in love with the culture and food of New Orleans. Equipped with his training from award-winning Chef John Besh, English presents a unique dining experience. Restaurant Iris specializes in French-Creole cuisine featuring local and seasonal ingredients. English infuses his endless creativity and passion for food into each dish. Whether indulging in his Oysters three ways, a "Knuckle Sandwich", or a dessert made just for you, one is sure to reap the benefits of English"s rich culinary background. We invite you to experience Restaurant Iris, simplicity at its most elegant. Please note: Due to the limited capacity of our dining room, we offer limited online reservation availability. For more information regarding availability, please contact the restaurant directly.
Olive Branch
“Very Nice”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

It is over the top - but almost to the point of overkill. Don't get me wrong, the food was great,but somewhere along the line, you have to say that less is more. My wife he'd the redfish, which she said was very good. I had the steak stuffed with blue cheese and fried oysters- which was also good. I have had better steaks. All that being said, our waitress far out shined the food. She was incredible. She knew the menu backwards and forwards.

This is a very nice restaurant - for me - been there, done that...

Visited August 2013
1 Thank EddfromOB

Paragould, Arkansas
“Excellent!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I will not say that this is the best place to dine in Memphis, as I have not been to every place in Memphis. However I will say that my meal at Restaurant Iris last night was one of the best meals that I have ever had. I had high expectations for this restaurant, and I can say that I was not disappointed. Everything was wonderfully executed down to the smallest detail. I will definitely be coming back.

• Visited August 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Are We at the Restaurant Yet??”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

CAUTION: The Trip Advisor address at the top is wrong! The CORRECT address is: 2146 East Monroe Ave. Therefore your mapquest/garmin will be wrong and therefore you might end up wasting lots of time driving around the neighborhood searching... just like we did. The folks at the restaurant told us they keep notifying Trip Advisor of the error but it remains uncorrected. Iris is upscale and is priced that way. "Chef-food" type of menu offerings which can be a double-edged sword: in our case, the Brussel sprouts appetizer was not to our liking, the lamb dish was just OK and the shrimp and grits entrée was unusual but something, I guess, you have to grow up with to like. Nice sized portions and fine service.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank IndySourkraut
Marco Island FL
“Very Nice Restaurant in Memphis”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

It was not easy to get a reservation, but the staff at Iris tried their best to accommodate our needs. The food and service were above average and the atmosphere was very comfortable. We took a friend that lives in Memphis and he said he did not realize they had such a nice place in the area.

• Visited July 2013
MEMPHIS
“This place is excellent”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is a great place for a special occasion. We dined here for my friends birthday. I called ahead ( a must - yiu must have a reservation) and they were delighted to accommodate us. They made the event special, and even had the manager wait on us. A truly memorable experience.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank BobVMemphis

Been to Restaurant Iris? Share your experiences!