“Very nice new property”

Courtyard Memphis Downtown
Ranked #33 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed November 5, 2010

Stayed one night at this Marriott Courtyard in downtown Memphis in October on our way to New Orleans. Beautiful new property with modern and trendy decor throughout the hotel and in the rooms. The front desk and valet staff were exceptionally friendly, courteous and efficient. You could definitely tell the hotel was new and the staff wanted to make sure you felt welcome! Our room accommodations were excellent. The hotel location was ideal and Beale Street was a short walk away. The trolley ran directly in front of the hotel which provided transportation to Beale Street and other locations. When we return to Memphis, we will definitely stay again at this hotel.

Reviewed October 25, 2010

Stayed only one night - wish it could have been more. Would definitely stay here again if ever in Memphis. Within walking distance to Beale Street. It wasn't a huge room but that didn't really matter - it was a beautiful room, great furnishings, comfortable bed, big shower. It was one of the rooms at the front of the hotel with the wrap around balcony - fun to sit out on the balcony for a while and watch carriages go by.
Drive to Graceland was about 10-15 minutes.

Reviewed October 4, 2010

My husband and I are more "day trip for fly fishing" types, so when returning to Memphis for my high school reunion, research was necessary. The lure of the Peabody and the Madison downtown was strong, but price was a consideration thanks to this economy.
From the reviews here on Trip Advisor, we learned about the Courtyard Marriott Downtown. We were very pleased with our choice.
Everyone on staff was friendly, personable and seemed delighted that we were guests. We had asked for, and were given a top floor room that offered a sliver of a view of the river. All I needed! The non suite rooms are compact, but comfortable-a lovely large shower and room for cosmetics was a great surprise.
One big plus for this property is the number of lobby gathering spaces for business and leisure travelers. From "pods" with flat screen tv's to a bank of business docking stations, it offers both privacy or a place for interaction. There is also a street side area with outdoor furniture where you can enjoy coffee in the morning or a beverage in the evening. My husband enjoyed the area very much while I was away at the alumni luncheon. The hotel also keeps copies of the WSJ, USA Today and local papers.
Throughout the day there is a small bistro that offers a selection of meals and appetizers. We thought they were reasonably priced for a downtown hotel. There is also a self serve room offering juices, water and snacks.
Late night lobby access is controlled by room key which we appreciated. Valet parking was only $15 per day. The gentlemen who were valet staff were very personable and professional. My recommendation is to call the front desk about ten minutes before you plan to leave so your car is ready.
Friends we visited with in Memphis said other visitors to the medical community with which they are affiliated also enjoyed their stays at this property.
The hotel enjoys Main Street trolleys that run regularly by the front door, the carriage rides that do the same, and its proximity to the downtown attractions.
I have one suggestion to the "powers that be" running Memphis: make easy to read maps more available to hotels in the area. The ones in the local guide were confusing. Also, attractions: do a better job of telling people where to go to park. We wanted to go to the River Museum, but parking was so poorly marked, after two tries, we gave up.
In conclusion: kudos to the Courtyard Marriott Downtown! You made two travel-challenged people feel welcome, safe, secure, and at a great value. It does not get better than that!

1  Thank princessfunkyshoes
Reviewed September 30, 2010

I traveled to Memphis with my Mom and when planning the trip we reserved 2 hotels in the downtown area and couldn't decide on which property to go with. Went with the recommendations from the helpful TA members! Thanks to all of you! The staff here was friendly and helpful. The checkin went smoothly and when we reached our room, were pleasantly surprised! There room is decorated nicely, clean and includes a fridge and safe. The beds were just right, slept with no problems! I've attached serveral pictures and hope they are helpful.

The hotel to our surprise has a laundry room for the guest. The lobby has 2 stations setup for complimentary internet usage along with a copier/printer for the guest. Complimentary coffee and tea was located in this area as well.

The trolley stops right at right outside the property taking you to and from Beale Street, every 5-10 minutes. There are 2 small grocery stories across the street and a Subway next door (didn't eat there).

Ashley and Leslie were most helpful during our stay, always pleasant and recommended places to eat and sites to see. They were the best!

We truly enjoyed our stay at the Marriott Courtyard!

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank chill993
Reviewed September 24, 2010

That's what you'll find at this hotel. The staff are genuinely friendly and helpful. From check-in to check-out there is not one thing that I would complain about.

The hotel is right across from a park area with a trolley connection near the entrance. We did not use the trolley because everything is within walking distance. If you are in reasonable health you can walk to Beale Street, the Peabody and many restaurants without issue. The front desk is very helpful for suggesting places to eat and sights to see during your visit.

We enjoyed breakfast at the bistro in the morning. The sandwiches are good and easy to eat if you are on the go. We enjoyed cocktails in the evening and sitting outside people watching.

The rooms are modern with an updated decor and color choices. This hotel seems to be popular with business travelers but served us quite well for personal travel. The rooms were very clean on arrival and were very clean every day. This hotel has exceptional cleaning staff.

I traveled with my mother, myself, my sister and my one year old niece. We never felt unsafe and we walked everywhere including pushing my niece around in her stroller. We noticed police on foot patrol, bike patrol and car patrol everywhere we went. This is a downtown area and you will see the same things you would staying in any downtown area in the US.

The hotel has a hot tub but we did not use. I did not see anyone using it the entire time we were there. I wish I had brought my bathing suit!

We parked just down the street from the hotel at the garage. The garage spaces are tight. Someone was always on duty in the garage night and day.

Thank-you for treating us so well Memphis Courtyard Downtown and thank you so much Memphis for making us feel at home!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank KHinSC
Reviewed September 5, 2010

I can't believe this hotel is #17 on TripAdvisor. Stayed here over the Peabody and I'm so glad we did! Everyone was so friendly and helpful. We were on a four girl road trip and looking for a safe and clean hotel. We took the trolley outside the front door to Beale with no problems, the driver of the trolley was wonderful. We were there on a Friday evening and walked back to the hotel. The streets are well patrolled and we felt very safe. The rooms were very nice and the bed was the best one of our 11 day trip. This will be my hotel of choice in Memphis....I hope they keep up the good work and keep this hotel clean and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank Arizona50
Reviewed July 26, 2010

When we checked in the clerk was on the phone dealing with a disgruntled customer who was grumbling about some charges on her bill. She finally transferred her call to a supervisor, then gave us her full, pleasant attention. We were polite, undemanding and she proceeded to treat us like royalty.
She upgraded us to a high floor with a balcony where we could see the Mississippi. The room was fresh, clean, generous size and very quiet. We never heard any noise from the hall.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family