“Slow Lunch, Nice Happy Hour”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Local Gastropub

Local Gastropub
Ranked #199 of 1,436 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Memphis, Tennessee
“Slow Lunch, Nice Happy Hour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I came here for lunch once with about 5 other coworkers and had the fish tacos. They were really good! We sat outside and it was not busy. The food took so long that two of my coworkers had to ask for it to go because they were already late getting back. It literally took about 40 minutes for the food to come out.
I arranged a work happy hour of about 12 people and we sat outside again. The service was quick and the drinks were cold. They had a nice selection of drink/happy hour specials so that if you liked wine, liquor, or beer, you could get something on the happy hour menu. I had a steak salad that was on special and it was really good but overpriced for the size. I ended up having 1 beer (Miller Lite) and the salad which was about $18 with tip. Just a bit much. I would go back though because they do have a nice outdoor patio and a nice happy hour drink menu.

memphis
“menu changes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Some of my favorite items are no longer on the menu and they have not been replaced with anything. The choices are fewer. Less sandwich choices and much fewer salad choices; such as the Thai noodle steak salad.

The taco shells have also changed and, in my opinion, not for the better.
The Sunday Brunch menu has fewer choices as well.

What is available is still good, but it is not the same great bar/restaurant it once was.
I gave the overall rating average, though it is above average to good. Unfortunately, the only choice goes from average to very good. The truth is in between.

Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“one of my fav lunch spots”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I work in downtown Memphis and right around the corner from Local. It is one of my fav spots to grab a hearty sit down lunch. I have liked everything I've tried on their daily specials menu including the bbq brisket, spicy slaw, with whatever else came on the side. I've heard their meatloaf is pretty delicious from a co0-worker. they have a shaded patio area in case you're lucky enough to grab a seat during the lunch crowd. Even at night they have a pretty lively bar scene that I have enjoyed for happy hour and late night :)

Visited September 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Try the sweet potato bread pudding!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

A bunch of us headed to Local for happy hour. Not a lot of options, but what they had was pretty good. And the sweet potato bread pudding was excellent. Even folks who don't normally eat bread pudding wanted more.

Visited June 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Good option in Main Street”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went for dinner on Labor Day and this was one of the few restaurants opened at that time. We could get a table outside and we were served promptly. It´s true that servers can be quite overwhelmed when it´s crowed; that may be fixed with extra help and I´m sure they´ll get better reviews.
Food was nice and price was according to the quality. I´d recommend it as an option.