“one of my fav lunch spots”
Review of Local Gastropub

Local Gastropub
Ranked #246 of 1,445 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“one of my fav lunch spots”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I work in downtown Memphis and right around the corner from Local. It is one of my fav spots to grab a hearty sit down lunch. I have liked everything I've tried on their daily specials menu including the bbq brisket, spicy slaw, with whatever else came on the side. I've heard their meatloaf is pretty delicious from a co0-worker. they have a shaded patio area in case you're lucky enough to grab a seat during the lunch crowd. Even at night they have a pretty lively bar scene that I have enjoyed for happy hour and late night :)

Visited September 2013

Memphis, Tennessee
“Try the sweet potato bread pudding!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

A bunch of us headed to Local for happy hour. Not a lot of options, but what they had was pretty good. And the sweet potato bread pudding was excellent. Even folks who don't normally eat bread pudding wanted more.

Visited June 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Good option in Main Street”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went for dinner on Labor Day and this was one of the few restaurants opened at that time. We could get a table outside and we were served promptly. It´s true that servers can be quite overwhelmed when it´s crowed; that may be fixed with extra help and I´m sure they´ll get better reviews.
Food was nice and price was according to the quality. I´d recommend it as an option.

• Visited September 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food...Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Local is locally owned by a savvy young restauranteer who knows how to keep customers happy...great food and a comfortable, easy atmosphere. The menu has been revised lately and the new items are creative and delicious. The past menus have shared these same traits. It is fun to see what's coming next as we dine there often and like to try new things.

• Visited August 2013
“I'd love to lovebit but just can't.”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

The food is delicious and consistant and I've eaten here a lot. The service on the other hand ranks from excellent at lunch and lowers to worst of the worst as the night goes on. Whether it's because they can't handle the crowds they draw in or the eveing people are just that bad the service is always aweful from 6pm-2am. Upstairs downstairs doesn't matter. I want to rate it so much better but just can't. Stop in when it's slow and be wowed, skip if there is a crowd.

• Visited August 2013