“Birthday lunch disappointment”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ridgeway
Description: Sharky"s is a locally owned restaurant with a unique menu combination of the freshest seafood and sushi selections. Enjoy fresh oysters, shrimp and sushi from our Seafood Bar or Sharky's fresh catch and other signature items such as shrimp and grits, jambalaya and seafood Alfredo. For guests who may not have a pallet for seafood; we offer a variety of dishes sure to satisfy their taste buds. Have a blast in our bar, or enjoy a quiet meal in a casual yet refined ambiance. Visit Sharky's tonight for a delicious meal and a unique dining experience. Sharky's Gulf Grill, Memphis was inspired by several great Gulf restaurants. Our "Fresh Catch" is always flown in overnight to assure you get the freshest seafood in Memphis. Eating at Sharky's is like visiting the Gulf Coast: you'll always enjoy a great meal and a good time.
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Went here for my husband's birthday. No complaints about the service.. But the ambiance is lack-luster...
I ordered the catfish po-boy on the servers suggestion. I'm not sure what or how the catfish was cooked... But I could not eat it.. Tasted awful. I ended up making a lunch out of the bread, tomato and lettuce. My husband ordered a shrimp dish. It was decent. The bread on my po boy was soft and tasted good. Just couldn't stomach the catfish. On the plus side. I took the catfish home and fed it to my cats. They loved it.
The price was expensive for lunch... About 40 for two. That did not include apps or alcohol.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I found the prices to be a little high for the service and food. It's an older restaurant. They have cloth tablecloths, but they cover them with butcher paper. The menu is limited. I had fried shrimp with a salad, grilled vegetables and cole slaw. It was all good except the cole slaw was inedible! It has some undescribable spice that was so bitter I couldn't eat it. My wife felt the same way. She had a fish that was okay. Our waitress never came back after delivering our meal to see if anything was okay or not and we didn't get any refills.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I showed up just after 10 PM to an empty dining room. I placed an order and my water and bread were brought promptly and a drink soon followed. But after that my waiter disappeared. A very large party was seated nearby and I waited, and waited for my food to arrive. After 30 minutes, a young woman I had never seen, scampered to my table threw the plate down and ran away. She was so quick, I did not have a chance to tell her that my side order vegetables was missing, I would like more water, and another drink. As I was halfway through my meal, the waiter came back with a large tray of drinks for the other table. He asked me how the fish tacos were. I told him they were fine but it was the worst service I have ever encountered in a restaurant. He apologized and said oh I thought someone would help me out because I have a large table over here. However his thinking and action were not the same. I asked for my check and left in disgust. I plan to have dessert is a nice finished my meal, but after having been left in limbo for so long there was no assurance that I would ever see any additional food.

I would never eat at this restaurant again because waiting on customers does not seem to be a priority.

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

We always stop and eat here while in Memphis. One of our favorites!!
All types of seafood which my husband loves ,but not me. I do love there pan fried catfish and they also have a GREAT chicken salad...it's huge!! Staff is always A+.

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I don't understand the negative reviews. I went with a group of 6 including two toddlers to celebrate my dad's birthday. The service was attentive, the prices were not bad (other than $29 filet mignon) and all the food was delicious. The calamari was tender and flavorful, the catfish dinner was very good and enough for two meals. The Chocolate Explosion cake was fabulous and enough for 4 to share. We will be back.