“Go elsewhere for seafood.”
Review of Sharky's Gulf Grill - CLOSED

Sharky's Gulf Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ridgeway
Description: Sharky"s is a locally owned restaurant with a unique menu combination of the freshest seafood and sushi selections. Enjoy fresh oysters, shrimp and sushi from our Seafood Bar or Sharky's fresh catch and other signature items such as shrimp and grits, jambalaya and seafood Alfredo. For guests who may not have a pallet for seafood; we offer a variety of dishes sure to satisfy their taste buds. Have a blast in our bar, or enjoy a quiet meal in a casual yet refined ambiance. Visit Sharky's tonight for a delicious meal and a unique dining experience. Sharky's Gulf Grill, Memphis was inspired by several great Gulf restaurants. Our "Fresh Catch" is always flown in overnight to assure you get the freshest seafood in Memphis. Eating at Sharky's is like visiting the Gulf Coast: you'll always enjoy a great meal and a good time.
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Not impressed with the food here. Definitely don't get their sushi. Not that it didn't taste fresh, it was just lacking something. The atmosphere is fine, the service was average, but with so many other better options in the city, go elsewhere for your seafood and sushi. I had heard from friends that their brunch is decent, but I have not been myself for that.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I've only eaten here once, but it was very good & I'll be back. It's clearly a cut above the usual chain fish place.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Ordered fried catfish, moderately priced at $15 for dinner entree but was served one small fillet. This is the first restaurant I've ever seen serve one small fillet of catfish for a dinner entree. Do you know how chrap catfish is? Side order was seasonal veggies - overcooked and over seasoned and red beans and rice - rice, what little was there, undercooked (crunchy) and chef opted to go for a too hot season over balanced flavor.

Husband ordered fish tacos. He didn't complain so I assume taste was okay, but once again portion too small as we are at a drive thru because he left the restsurant hungry.

Never going back - too many better choices in Memphis to settle for this at the prices they are charging.

Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Ate here for the first time. Read the reviews so I was giving it a shot in spite if some bad reviews.

The reviews were right. The service was good but the food was not very good at all. I had grilled oysters. Nothing like real New Orleans grilled oyster. Not even close. Also tries the crab cake appetizer. Mostly breeding and overpowering bell pepper. Why would anyone cover up the fabulous taste of blue crab with bell pepper? Pitiful. The texture of the crab bisque was like eating granulated baby food. Neither my wife nor I could finish it.
Main course we had jerk grouper and pecan crusted fish for my wife. Both were bad. My fish was cooked perfectly but as far as the jerk seasoning, I've been to Jamica and know what jerk seasoning is suppose to taste like. This was bland and tasteless. My wife's was bad as well. For dessert we had what our waitress suggested , a new chocolate cake. Close to frozen, hard and the chocolate was hard as a rock.

I would not go back to this restaurant.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have been to Sharkey's a couple of times in the past and was sorely disappointed in the food. The main attraction is the bar and there does seem to be a very active "meet market" going on. If you are at the bar you will definitely get good service. If you are sitting in the restaurant you may not. Took a group of vendors there for dinner recently after seeing some better reviews and was sorry I did.

If you are going for drinks and an appetizer - this is a good bet. If you are going for dinner - in my opinion you are taking your chances. Food is OK, but I can get OK food at the corner gas station.