“Fabulous!!”

Ranked #206 of 1,476 Restaurants in Memphis
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: The Mesquite Chop House is like no other steak house in the South. The Prime Steaks and Chops are grilled to perfection over Mesquite wood and served with an array of unique sides. We choose from only the finest USDA-Certified Aged Steaks available. Always at it's prime is not just our brand, it's how we try to live our lives as restaurateurs. We have built a concept in which high standards permeate all aspects of our restaurant. We are passionate about great tasting food and the pleasure of sharing it with others. Our menu items are prepared with organically grown produce from our very own Cherry Blend Farms in Holly Springs, Mississippi.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I had dinner at The Mesquite Chop House with a large group of friends and we were all treated very well. The restaurant as a very nice, elegant, and a little bit of a romantic feel to it. The wait staff were all very gracious and we felt like royalty while eating dinner. The food is wonderful and truly mouthwatering. I am not a huge eater of streak, but the steak here is very great, tender, and oh so juicy. I highly recommend The Mesquite Chop House to anyone who would like a fancy meal and to be treated like royalty.

There are newer reviews for Mesquite Chop House

Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

The Mesquite Chop House is not exceptional but it is very good. Our experience was very favorable. The steaks were very good, very good. Salads were good and the roasted corn was very good.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Stopped here on a whim as we were walking by and were fortunate to be seated without reservations on a Saturday night. Since this is a steak house, I had the bacon wrapped filet and my husband had the rib-eye, which they blackened for him. Both came with vegetables and were very tasty. We couldn’t resist splitting the carrot cake for dessert – scrumptious. We both had a glass of wine and the bill was $88 before tip. We received a complimentary bacon wrapped shrimp for moving tables so they could accommodate a group and it was absolutely delicious. The atmosphere was nice – the main room is smaller but comfortable – the side room is brighter since it has skylights and has room for a large group. All in all a good experience that I wouldn’t hesitate to duplicate.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

Great steaks- great downtown Memphis experience.
Would go back again.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

Two of us went on a Tuesday night so it was not overly crowded. Service was good but not outstanding. We had a drink each, two cocktails, mains and one dessert plus coffee. Total came to $130 before gratuity.

For appetizers, we had the duck and sausage / cheese platter. Duck was excellent. It was stuffed with a goat cheese and jalapeño filling and wrapped in bacon and grilled. There were three substantial pieces along with a sauce on the side. Don't get the cheese and sausages. While the sausages were peppery and quite good, the Irish porter cheese and smoked Gouda were nothing exceptional and detracted from the platter. For mains, we had filet topped with crack and hollandaise and a small ribeye. The filets were okay, but I have had better. They came as two ounce filets. The ribeye was good, but not memorable.

Sides are $6 each and each main comes with mashed potatoes. I subbed asparagus for potatoes for $3. Asparagus was good.

Dessert was three choices. NY cheesecake, carrot cake and a chocolate tart/cake. The carrot cake was okay but rather heavy and the frosting was not memorable. Not the best. No cappuccino or espresso available. The wine list was decent as was the wines by the glass.

Overall, I think it is a fave place of locals and tourists. I would recommend it, but I have had better steak elsewhere!

Been to Mesquite Chop House? Share your experiences!