“Great smoked meats!”

One and Only BBQ
Ranked #31 of 1,481 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Description: Memphis Style barbecue restaurant with outdoor patio seating. Full service, dine-in or take-out, full catering with delivery. Smoked meats including baby back ribs, pork shoulder, chicken, turkey, polish Kielbasa. Specialty BBQ items such as BBQ quesadilla, smoked drummies, chicken wings, BBQ pork or chicken nachos, fried pickles, BBQ bologna, hotdogs & hamburgers, vegan burger, vegan BBQ baked beans, Famous for Millie's house-made banana pudding and twice-baked potato salad! Excellent side dishes and desserts.
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Walked into a wall of fantastic smokiness when I first opened the door and was not disappointed when the meal was served.

Had the combo - smoked brisket and smoked turkey,. The turkey was fantastic! Thick cut, smoked and then lightly grilled yet still incredibly moist and tender. The brisket was thinly cut, very flavorful and tender, but was a but fattier than I would have expected. Side of beans was great but the cole slaw needed.....something to make it stand out. Pecan pie for dessert was a large piece, warmed up nicely and very good. Reasonably priced so value for the money was great too.

Overall, the food was very good and I would definitely choose One & Only over many of the more well-known BBQ choices in the area.

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

It was the best rack of ribs I have ever had! My wife & I could have been fine with the half or 1/4 rack, the meat was that thick & the fries were delicious also!

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We went there on a friends recommendation. In addition to the traditional Memphis pork, they offer smoked turkey, Chicken (pulled and whole quarters), and beef brisket and beef ribs. They offer a plate with up to three meats on it so you get a lot of flavors at one time. We are not pork eaters so we tried the brisket and chicken. When I ate this at other places it is usually dry.BUT not this one. This stuff was great without the Bar B que sauce (and that is how I ate mine). The waiter "Willie" was helpful and friendly and he says he works there every night.
The Bar B que sauce was not typical southern tomato based. Not sure if it is for me. But the meat was great without the sauce, a good sign of a good smoker. We will be back. Clean and lots of tables

1  Thank qwerty613
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Happened by on an errand and decided to stop for lunch. Glad I did. The first thing I noticed was a TripAdvisor sign on the door, so I knew I was going to like it.

Clean, laid out well, friendly were my first impressions. Good list on the menu between appetizers, dinners and sandwiches along with 2 to 4 meat combos.

I had the beef brisket sandwich, which was served on a soft, toasted regular bun. A bit more fat content than I would like, but that's probably where the flavor is, and there is plenty of flavor and bark. I tried it with and without sauce and it's good both ways.

I had banana pudding for dessert, which was a good serving of vanilla pudding with real bananas, carmelized meringue and vanilla wafers. I prefer my wafers in the pudding and soft, but I can see why they put them on the side.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

The ribs at this place were good. Not dry or tough. They were tender and juicy. I also loved the twice baked potato salad. I could eat a ton of that. The only downside were the deviled eggs. They weren't the greatest. I'd do this place again.