“Awesome location, not much else was awesome”

Vista Inn & Suites Memphis
Ranked #70 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed October 13, 2012

It was about five-ten minutes walk from Beale Street, but the neighbourhood wasn't the best. Rooms were tidy, beds all right, and that's about it.

Breakfast was the standard muffins/coffee fare, staff were friendly, but compared to other hotels in cities we stayed in on this trip, it did seem a bit pricy.

All in all, an okay place to stay, particularly if you're going out on/near Beale Street.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Vista Inn & Suites Memphis

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Very close to downtown, walking distance to the horse drawn carriages parked in front of the Peabody. Two double beds in the room, pretty cramped with a desk, refrigerator, microwave and dresser w/flat screen tv but for the convenience & location it was fine for one night. Didn't use the pool, but was a little leary that it went from 3ft to 10ft. Stay in a room towards the back of the property, a lot less street noise. $74.95 for one night for 3 people turned into $93.13 after all the taxes. If you split the $93.13 between 2 people who pay, they charge each person an extra $3 for the "trouble". Continental breakfast by 830 on a Thursday morning had 2 small muffins, no juice & 200 degree coffee. Nobody even at the desk to ask if they were putting out more.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Let me start by saying that this motel is in avery good location quite close to Beale Street. I am not sure how safe it is at night, but that was not a concern for me. Still, I would never stay at this place again. The rooms were small and felt cramped with 2 full size beds. I stayed 2 nights and both mornings we ran out of hot water in the shower. The night clerk tried to be a little helpful, but did not seem to have any power. The day clerk was extremely unprofessional and because of that I would never stay at this place again

Room Tip: not sure that there are any, but I would try for one in the rear
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Staff were friendly and helpful, particularly one girl who seem to be always there. She help me with advice on hospitals and faxed some things for me, as my husband was ill after the flight.
The pool was small but it was clean and heated, the only problem was that it had a rope dividing the deep and shallow end so you couldn't swim the pool length wise.
Breakfast was a waste of time.
Room was big and clean. As other reviews mention there seems to be a problem with the water, if you don't get an early shower the water will be cold. It wasn't just me I heard another guest complaining. The AC was fine. Towels weren't great. Room has fridge and microwave, both worked.
We did have a problem with the door sticking and I did report this and they attempted to fix it but they didn't fix it properly.
Parking is included but if there is something on I think the charge for others to park in the car park, but this didn't cause us any issues.
As others have said location is good just a short walk to Beal street.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LuvH0lidays
VistaInnManagement, Manager at Vista Inn & Suites Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

We enjoyed having you stay with us. We hope that if you are ever in our area again you will come and stay with us again! We also hope that your husband is feeling much better now.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed in the "hostel" part of the motel, which was actually just a motel room with bunks. The mattresses were so thin I had to double up, and the beds were very, very noisy. I didn't feel safe at night here, but it is a good location for Beale Street etc.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Renee J
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Look, on the plus side this is in a great location and it's inexpensive. That's why we booked it. And we certainly got those things.

But when we got there we also got
- dirty rooms (including several squashed flies on the walls),
- an incredibly rude receptionist and
- a lousy breakfast.

Avoid.

1  Thank mattghg
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed at the Vista Inn during a visit from the UK. When we booked it, we had not realised that tax was not included in the stated price on the website, so it ended up being somewhat more expensive that we had expected. Perhaps we should have been more clued-up about this (it was mentioned in the small print on the email we received) but it's not something I have experienced before staying in hotels in the US.

That aside, the location was excellent and the rooms were ok. It is functional but not great.

2  Thank Johnstone512