New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria
Ranked #28 of 137 Hotels in Memphis
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Melissa Ray - Great waitress!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I've been at this hotel for 4 weeks on a business trip. The rooms are nice, big showers (always a plus), and a wonderful breakfast buffet. Melissa was our waitress on many nights in the restaurant and bar. She's fabulous. Very easy to talk to and always ready with food and drinks.

Room Tip: Stay in a room at the end of the hall away from the elevator area.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Due to company policy I was forced to leave and utilize Hilton properties. That has now been reversed and I'm back to Holiday Inn. Kim at the front and Melissa at the bar always make it a great stay. Great hotel, great food, great staff.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side away from the interstate.
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

As a touring musician I stay in many hotels very frequently, but staying at this the Holiday Inn & Suites (Wolf Chase) has been one of the best experiences I have had. Beginning with my arrival here, Kim down at the front desk was very helpful in getting my room situated and she took the time to tell me about the great amenities the hotel had to offer. Her customer service was way more then exceptional as I have had to deal with many employees who weren't helpful at other hotels. However, this experience was by far one of the best I have had. Kim went above and beyond and was very accommodating. She definitely contributed quite a lot with my experience at this hotel.

-Shawn

The gym has all the equipment you need to feel like an actual gym. The machines are up to date and the room is clean!! The pool is nice and big and indoors which was perfect since there was a storm during my first night. The rooms are modern and clean and there are many shops near the hotel! I highly recommend staying at this hotel. If you need help with anything, I would go down and see Kim. She's most likely the woman at the front desk with a huge smile.

New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Staff was friendly and accommodating for our large group. Lots of space for our tour bus to park and convenient location to many restaurants and shopping. Rooms are well furnished and very new. A great Holiday Inn overall.

Room Tip: They have 6 floors and 2 elevators so go as high as you like.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

When driving solo from Dallas to Indianapolis with 3 children, Memphis is our halfway point...and since we're Priority Club members (but don't have oodles of points built up), I always stay at a Holiday Inn property. Previously, we'd stayed at the Candlewood Suites; however, this time, I opted for this particular property just because it kept us much closer to our route. I was NOT disappointed!
First, I called about 2 hours before our arrival to book a room. I never mess with the 1-800 number, instead opting to call the hotel directly. I find this to be much more efficient. Second, the receptionist I spoke to (I think her name was Kim?) was just amazing. She knew I was coming in at bedtime with 3 children, one of whom was sick *ACK!*, so she put us in a corner room at the end of the hallway on the Club Floor AND had a portable crib already waiting for us in the room when we got there. I mean, really. Does it GET any better than that?
Our room (a double queen suite) was exceptionally clean and neat and very roomy. Addiitonally, there was a kitchenette and a full table, so instead of dragging the kids down to the restaurant, I was able to order room service for everyone and eat at a proper table. BTW, the room service prices are VERY reasonable (not like most places who charge 10 bucks for scrambled eggs) and they are quick - it took 10 minutes for dinner to arrive and the same for breakfast the next morning. They were also super accomodating with special dietary needs (2 of my kids have celiac disease and they happily subbed in other items for toast, etc.).
Listen, it's not the Ritz Calrton and it's not in the middle of the action in Memphis. However, it is outside a very nice shopping area, the parking lot is well-lit and it's in what appears to be a nice area of town. If you are looking for a clean, quiet, nicely appointed hotel room with friendly staff, this is for you.

Room Tip: The suties are very spacious and a must if traveling with children (esp. if you have a baby who migh...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank infamousmare
Wallasey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Comfy and modern rooms, great free ride downtown whenever u like. Reception staff very helpful. Just opposite where elvis was raised which, unbelievably, is hardly signposted!!! Only set back was you'll need a taxi home if out after midnight, as hotel not smack in centre.Also no immediate restaurants and bars closer than Beale street.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Johnston, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here for one night this weekend and were overall pleased with our stay. On first glance, we felt this was a safe suburban location for a hotel. However, upon pulling into the parking lot we saw three police cars out front. As we approached the entrance, the officer told us not to leave anything valuable in our car. We later noticed several signs around the parking lot saying the same thing, so keep that in mind.

We had a little confusion at check-in but that was quickly resolved. The rooms were a good size and very clean and modern. The lobby was nice and big. The rooms were quiet with the exception of the heating unit...it was quite loud.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank HIltonMagic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Memphis
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase
SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria
Hyatt Place Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
Hyatt Place Memphis Primacy Parkway

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria? Share your experiences!