“Great Hotel/Customer Service”

Ranked #36 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Santa Clara, California
“Great Hotel/Customer Service”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

As a touring musician I stay in many hotels very frequently, but staying at this the Holiday Inn & Suites (Wolf Chase) has been one of the best experiences I have had. Beginning with my arrival here, Kim down at the front desk was very helpful in getting my room situated and she took the time to tell me about the great amenities the hotel had to offer. Her customer service was way more then exceptional as I have had to deal with many employees who weren't helpful at other hotels. However, this experience was by far one of the best I have had. Kim went above and beyond and was very accommodating. She definitely contributed quite a lot with my experience at this hotel.

-Shawn

The gym has all the equipment you need to feel like an actual gym. The machines are up to date and the room is clean!! The pool is nice and big and indoors which was perfect since there was a storm during my first night. The rooms are modern and clean and there are many shops near the hotel! I highly recommend staying at this hotel. If you need help with anything, I would go down and see Kim. She's most likely the woman at the front desk with a huge smile.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
New York, NY
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Staff was friendly and accommodating for our large group. Lots of space for our tour bus to park and convenient location to many restaurants and shopping. Rooms are well furnished and very new. A great Holiday Inn overall.

Room Tip: They have 6 floors and 2 elevators so go as high as you like.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 13, 2013

When driving solo from Dallas to Indianapolis with 3 children, Memphis is our halfway point...and since we're Priority Club members (but don't have oodles of points built up), I always stay at a Holiday Inn property. Previously, we'd stayed at the Candlewood Suites; however, this time, I opted for this particular property just because it kept us much closer to our route. I was NOT disappointed!
First, I called about 2 hours before our arrival to book a room. I never mess with the 1-800 number, instead opting to call the hotel directly. I find this to be much more efficient. Second, the receptionist I spoke to (I think her name was Kim?) was just amazing. She knew I was coming in at bedtime with 3 children, one of whom was sick *ACK!*, so she put us in a corner room at the end of the hallway on the Club Floor AND had a portable crib already waiting for us in the room when we got there. I mean, really. Does it GET any better than that?
Our room (a double queen suite) was exceptionally clean and neat and very roomy. Addiitonally, there was a kitchenette and a full table, so instead of dragging the kids down to the restaurant, I was able to order room service for everyone and eat at a proper table. BTW, the room service prices are VERY reasonable (not like most places who charge 10 bucks for scrambled eggs) and they are quick - it took 10 minutes for dinner to arrive and the same for breakfast the next morning. They were also super accomodating with special dietary needs (2 of my kids have celiac disease and they happily subbed in other items for toast, etc.).
Listen, it's not the Ritz Calrton and it's not in the middle of the action in Memphis. However, it is outside a very nice shopping area, the parking lot is well-lit and it's in what appears to be a nice area of town. If you are looking for a clean, quiet, nicely appointed hotel room with friendly staff, this is for you.

Room Tip: The suties are very spacious and a must if traveling with children (esp. if you have a baby who migh...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank infamousmare
Wallasey, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Comfy and modern rooms, great free ride downtown whenever u like. Reception staff very helpful. Just opposite where elvis was raised which, unbelievably, is hardly signposted!!! Only set back was you'll need a taxi home if out after midnight, as hotel not smack in centre.Also no immediate restaurants and bars closer than Beale street.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Johnston, Iowa
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here for one night this weekend and were overall pleased with our stay. On first glance, we felt this was a safe suburban location for a hotel. However, upon pulling into the parking lot we saw three police cars out front. As we approached the entrance, the officer told us not to leave anything valuable in our car. We later noticed several signs around the parking lot saying the same thing, so keep that in mind.

We had a little confusion at check-in but that was quickly resolved. The rooms were a good size and very clean and modern. The lobby was nice and big. The rooms were quiet with the exception of the heating unit...it was quite loud.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank HIltonMagic
Prattville, Al
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We booked a stay at this hotel but had to change our plans due to a death in the family. We cancelled our reservation a few days in advance and received a cancellation confirmation. But we were billed for the room anyway. We asked and they said that was their policy. Later we noticed that they didn't even give us the rewards points - again it's policy - even if you have to pay you don't get the points unless you stay. Nice!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Chris K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Chris K,

Thank you so much for being a Priority Club Rewards member and for your review of our hotel. I would like to apologize for the over all issues you had. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details regarding your stay. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hearing from you.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We've stayed here about 3 times now, and it will continue to be our go-to spot when we are in the Memphis area. Walk in and you will see both a water sculpture salute to Holiday Inn's executive founder, plus to the side behind glass an actual replica of a room from those days in the 1950s. With luxurious bedding and room to spread out in a corner suite, the 2012 version is barely recognizable. Beyond the room with double beds is a living room with tv and a small kitchenette tucked into a corner. Even the toiletries were special. This is a must for those planning a trip to shop at Wolfchase Mall or visit some other local on the west side of the city.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the freeway are quieter, and corner suites are a favorite.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Toran I
Also consider these accommodations in or near Memphis
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase
Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria
Hyatt Place Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
Embassy Suites by Hilton Memphis

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria? Share your experiences!