“Don't need to change plans”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria
Ranked #40 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Prattville, Al
“Don't need to change plans”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We booked a stay at this hotel but had to change our plans due to a death in the family. We cancelled our reservation a few days in advance and received a cancellation confirmation. But we were billed for the room anyway. We asked and they said that was their policy. Later we noticed that they didn't even give us the rewards points - again it's policy - even if you have to pay you don't get the points unless you stay. Nice!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Chris K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Chris K,

Thank you so much for being a Priority Club Rewards member and for your review of our hotel. I would like to apologize for the over all issues you had. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details regarding your stay. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hearing from you.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We've stayed here about 3 times now, and it will continue to be our go-to spot when we are in the Memphis area. Walk in and you will see both a water sculpture salute to Holiday Inn's executive founder, plus to the side behind glass an actual replica of a room from those days in the 1950s. With luxurious bedding and room to spread out in a corner suite, the 2012 version is barely recognizable. Beyond the room with double beds is a living room with tv and a small kitchenette tucked into a corner. Even the toiletries were special. This is a must for those planning a trip to shop at Wolfchase Mall or visit some other local on the west side of the city.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the freeway are quieter, and corner suites are a favorite.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Toran I
Evansville, IN
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Excellent property with a great location. Near a huge mall and movie theater, every restaraunt you could ever want, and the hotel seems new to me. Staff excellent and well-trained. I am a platinum club member and was treated as such even though I qualify for the govt rate... treament that doesn't happen at Hilton Hotels, especially Hampton Inns, where the obvious importance is on profits.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
North Royalton, Ohio, United States
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is the second year in a row that my traveling companions and I have stayed at this hotel. The staff is super friendly and extremely accommodating.Our rooms were taken care of while we were out during the day. And when we went down for breakfast on Sunday morning during our recent stay, the last weekend in October, and a high school band had been staying overnight and were, of course, having breakfast. No place for us to sit. But our wonderful Dining Room server, Beverly, saw we were looking for a place to put our group, and whisked us away into a conference room and took our drink orders. She made our group feel special, and we certainly appreciated it. We remembered her from the year before. THANK YOU!

If we go back to Memphis next year, The Holiday Inn Wolfchase is where we will be staying!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Union City
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in the past and really liked it. This time, however, the room smelled like someone had smoked in it. We arrived rather late, and I thought I would get "used to" the smell, but each time I woke up, I smelled it. For the record, we never complained at all until check out. At that time, we mentioned it to the clerk who said he would tell housekeeping.

Room Tip: Just make sure to mention that you do NOT want a smoky smelling room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Memphis, TN
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is our preferred Memphis hotel. It's always nice and clean. This stay was no different except upon check-in I noticed a bunch of teenage boys. I asked about them and the receptionist informed me that they were a traveling baseball team. I requested to be FAR AWAY from them. She assured me that I wouldn't be bothered ........ WRONG!! I listened to boys in the stairwell until 1am.....I was furious!! At check out I informed the front desk and she simply said "I'll tell their coach"!! HUH?? Anyway, next time if there are groups of young people I'll choose another property. Other than the lack of rest this property did not disappoint

• Stayed October 2012
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was in Memphis for a best friend's daughter's wedding. This hotel was selected b/c of the proximity to all of the festivities of the weekend. There was nothing lacking in this hotel or the neighborhood---all the shopping or restaurants anyone could possibly desire. I was there when a huge Little League team from Toronto was also staying in the hotel. In my room, I never knew anyone else, especially a lot of young men, were even in the same hotel. It was a wonderful

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Memphis
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase
Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria
Hyatt Place Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
Embassy Suites by Hilton Memphis

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria? Share your experiences!