Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria
Ranked #33 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Booked what I was told a two bedroom suite and requested a crib for April 14, 2012. When I arrived found they only have one bedroom suites and there was no crib in the room. We stopped at this hotel just to sleep after 13 hours of driving then continue on our next 12 hour drive the next day. So imagine how tired we all were! When I pulled out the sofa sleeper I found a very worn thin as a board mattress with nothing but springs felt as you run your hand over the mattress. We waited over an hour for a crib and blankets for sofa sleeper to arrive. Floor in kitchen had sticky dried up juice on it. In the AM the toilet backed up so my children had to go to the front desk to use the restroom when they woke up because nobody ever came to fix the toilett. We were handed a plunger as we were walking out of our room to leave. I will NEVER stay at this establishment again! I'm sticking to Marriott!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2012

Dear siamee78,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria

Reviewed April 16, 2012

I have been stay at this hotel since February of 2012. I and I absolutely love it! Last week was the most recent I have stayed and Amanda :) the front desk representative was so nice and friendly to me. I refuse to go to any other hotel Memphis except for this one. The food is great (Kem's restaurant) the pool and v is good too. I rate it 5 stars!! I absolutely love staying here. ;)

CPT Mia Barnett
US Army, Fort Campbell, KY

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank blackbeautie14
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I went away for a girl's weekend and wanted a very clean hotel with a hot tub, restaurant/bar and that looked beautiful This hotel had it all. Atrium-like pool with hot tub area. The restaurant and bar were trendy and fun with tvs at each table. The rooms were clean and pretty. You won't regret your stay here! The staff was also kind and friendly. Good job, Holiday Inn!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank M W
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We went to Memphis for a family reunion and chose the hotel based on location and convenience. I is right off of Route 64 , Germantown Parkway and Interstate 40. The area is very upscale suburban with every store and restaurant you could possibly imagine within 5 minutes. The hotel is very clean and new. The only thing that tells you you're in Memphis is that it has a nice exhibit about the founder of the Holiday Inn which I thought was interesting. If you want alot of Memphis Beale Street or historical ambiance, this isn't the place to stay but you do get alot of southern hospitality and friendliness.

The beds are very comfortable. I have a hard time sleeping away from home and I slept very well in this bed. The staff was very helpful. Mary, Narkita and Cornelius were very conscientious housekeepers. I had two kids with me and they went throught towels like crazy and we never ran out.

The decent size pool ( inside.outside- the roof opens up ) is clean but the water is a little warm.They have a workout room which has newer equipment. The restaurant is ok. I had breafast there but you have to pay $10 extra for what you get free with your room at other Holiday Inns. The restaurant area is very nicely accommodated with TVs in the booths which was nice to watch the news in the morning. There is small bar and restaurant that is open from 6 to 10pm. It was convenient to meet people there without leaving the hotel.

The phones in the room were hard to use. I could never tell whether the phone was actually hung up or not. Not a big thing but it frustrated me.

The front desk staff was mostly helpful. One time I called down to ask where I could order food that would deliver and the person at the desk said she didn't know - she wasn't from around there. After asking her to ask someone else, she gave me the name of a Chinese and pizza place. Amanda at the front desk was probably the friendliest and most helpful.

All in all, I was extremely satisfied with my stay at this Holiday Inn. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others for business or for pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2012

What a nice hotel to stay at. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Love the crisp, smooth sheets along with mattresses and pillows. Staff was very professional. Great location.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed in a King Suite for 1 night. From the minute we walked into the lobby I knew I was going to like this place. Beautiful decor in the lobby and restaurant/bar. You can sit outside and have a drink on a nice evening, although we did not have a chance to do this. Our room was spacious and the bed was the mosy comfortable bed I have evere slept in!! Love the large walk-in shower!! The only reason I am not giving this 5 stars is I hate having to spend money on a typical hotel breakfast. I would rather go out and get something special.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I was in Memphis for an one night stay and the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites was recommended by a relative. It was a little pricey but very nice accomodations. I was told by a clerk that the building is three years old but is in "like new" condition. Rooms were clean and comfortable and had all the essentials in the bath. Though I didn't choose to use it, there is a full service restaurant with a breakfast buffet available. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Memphis
SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase
Hyatt Place Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria
Hampton Inn and Suites Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria? Share your experiences!