Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,362 results
All reviews double tree warm cookies the executive lounge nice hotel breakfast buffet business trip hotel staff nice stay beds were comfortable memphis area beale street lynchburg kroger downtown shuttle poplar graceland
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel was amazing and very clean. The staff was extremely helpful and the restaurant attached was great as well. I will definitely stay here again. I honestly couldn't believe how clean it was and how helpful everyone was but it is greatly appreciated.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Anthony F, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the to share your comments on your most recent stay at our hotel. We are overjoyed that you were pleased with staff and facility as it is our goal to make each guest's stay memorable. We appreciate your choosing the Hilton Family of Hotels for your lodging needs and we look forward to serving you soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Reserved this room as a stop during a 2-day drive.

While the staff was very welcoming and helpful, the room (2 room suite) was definitely showing its age, in the need of an upgrade. It was not the comfort we were looking for in order to rest and relax.

Concierge breakfast had very few choices.

Date of stay: November 2019
Anthony F, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your most recent stay at the Doubletree Memphis. Our full hotel renovation begins in the Spring of this year and will be completed by the Fall. On your next travels through the city, we look forward to serving you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If I could give this negative stars I would. I have stayed at many Hilton properties for business and this was by far the worst! When I checked in, I was checked into a room that was either still occupied, or never cleaned. The staff seemed annoyed at my request for a new room. After TWO nights in my new room, I found a used feminine product in my towel cabinet. AFTER I HAD USED THOSE TOWELS FOR 2 NIGHTS. Absolutely disgusting. The woman who came up to look at the situation insinuated that I had put the item there. No one seemed to care about how unsanitary this was. I have contacted Hilton about the issue and no one seems to care. I would never stay here again and this has turned me off to Hilton in general because of the poor customer service, both at the property and at the corporate level.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Ms. Wetter, Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the trouble you encountered during your stay and again we do apologize. To our understanding, the Manager on Duty came up to the original room and apologized for the housekeeping issue and immediately moved you to a different room. Upon contacting our Hilton Guest Assistance office, a complaint was filed and a refund was issued for one night's room and tax in the amount of $146.83.

On behalf of the entire management and staff of the Doubletree Memphis, please accept our most sincerest apologies as this occurrence is not indicative of our property nor the Hilton Family of Hotels. Thanks for being a HONORS Gold member and choosing the Hilton Family of brands for your lodging needs.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The welcoming and gracious team at this property has made us feel so welcome. We live nearby so from time to time we have a need to stay overnight, be it a renovation or power outage. The staff here has made us feel like we have a home away from home, especially in a pinch. Maryln in particular at the front desk is just delightful, patient and so very friendly. The entire staff has nailed it here with their warm charm. Thank you for always being a cozy haven for my daughter and myself with your fantastic hospitality. The beds and pillows are dreamy and the breakfast is delicious. The pool is so fun too!! I really cannot say enough good things about this place. Highly recommend this spot if you are needing a place to stay nearby! Thank you again!

Date of stay: January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your most recent stay at The Doubletree Memphis. We are pleased that you always enjoy your stay as it is our goal to make each guest comfortable and to accommodate everyone's needs. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If it weren't for some of the absolutely lovely staff who really charmed us and worked hard to make things better, I might have given a lower rating. The rooms are dingy and dark - yes, it was winter, but the overall beige-ness really doesn't help. The decor is very tired and the overall effect is the opposite of cheering. There's no central light switch in the bedroom so all the lights have to be turned on individually, and there's no energy saving sustem which ensures that when you leave the room, the lights and TV are switched off. The chamber staff were a bit lax about leaving dirty glasses around the room, and didn't always replace the toiletries. And the air con/heating system is efficient and quick to warm up or could down, but very noisy.

Breakfast is very poor. On our first morning, The Beloved ordered fried eggs to go with his breakfast - they took half an hour to arrive, by which time he'd finished his meal. Large quantities of hot food hang around in the chafing dishes since first thing every morning so if you come down for your breakfast a bit later, the food is greasy and lukewarm. Fruit is limited, the bowls for the cereals are tiny, the juices are horribly sweet and if you want tea, it comes in either plastic teapots or thermos flasks.

However, the food in the evening was very nice. We only ate there once on our last night when we were too tired to go out, and were pleasantly surprised by a simple but decent choice of food, properly cooked.

And as we say, the staff were pretty charming and once they'd got used to our strange Irish requests (constant pots of tea and large quantities of white wine), they were very helpful. We'd apparently drunk them out of white wine on the Saturday night - this isn't as impressive (or ridiculous) a drinking feat as it sounds - they only had a couple of bottles of dry white. On Sunday, when we congregated in the bar, they'd failed to replace their stock... But the bar manager went to a liquor store and bought some so all was not lost.

As I say, the staff went the extra mile, and we were given a discount off our final bill, and a free shuttle to the airport, for which many thanks. But the overall management could do with rethinking breakfast. Vast quantities of food put out at 7 are not attractive, healthy or sensible. And the decor needs a real makeover.

Still, the bed is comfortable and the linens are pleasant, so I think 3 of out 5 is fair.

Date of stay: January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your most recent stay at our hotel. It is our understanding that there were some misunderstandings about the final room charges at check out and those were all resolved to your satisfaction. We are sorry that you were in town for your friend's funeral as we extend our heartfelt sympathy. If your travels bring you back to Memphis on a more pleasant event, we hope you choose the Doubletree Memphis for your lodging needs.