“Quality”

Ranked #26 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Jackson, ms, United States
“Quality”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Excellent location and quality. Lots of great restaurants near. Quick access to all major highways. Very safe. Good staff and quality of support services. Priced right for what you receive in return. Great Hilton Honors rooms.. all located on separate floors. Free parking with good access to your car.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
ROSWELL, United States
Reviewed January 3, 2014

When checking in there were 3 people behind the counter but only one could help because all of the computers were down except for one. I was on the first floor. It was noisy, the toilet wouldn't flush, and the ac/heater didn't work correctly. It was freezing.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kurtis H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Memphis, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize fort he poor impression we made upon arrival. We will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience and hope that you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.

Kurt Harrop
Smyrna, Tennessee
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have stayed here several times and I love this hotel. They let me sit in a corner of the restaurant with my clients and talk without being disturbed. The rooms are always clean and fresh. I love the Concierge Lounge in the evenings. the hostess is friendly and helpful. And the cooked to order/buffet breakfast in the morning is delicious.

Wheatland, WY, United States
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Reservations and check in staff were excellent. Wait staff were great. Facility was clean and well kept. Guest rooms and bathroom were also clean and modern. Nice quality shampoos, lotion etc.. Bar and restaurant were clean and staff was friendly and helpful. Food was not good. Kitchen substituted a New York steak for a Rib-Eye without saying anything. The New York was dry and tasteless. The vegetables were nicely cooked and presented, but so drowned in herbs that they were inedible. Breakfast bar contained pastries that were old and dried out. The fruit was well past its prime. We slept well, had a nice time in the lounge and appreciated the efforts of the hotel staff. Overall, good experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Millbrook, United States
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Shower rod in room was falling off wall. Towels were extremely rough. Not what I expected from a DoubleTree Hotel. A/C and heat were hard to operate/set. Room stayed cold most of the trip. I would have to seriously think about staying at this location in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Germantown, Tennessee
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Our Family of four spent one night here on a Sunday night. At check in the desk agent was extremely friendly and welcoming. The room was older and in need of updating but was clean. The beds were comfortable and the items that I had requested in advance were in the room when we arrived.

Like any older hotels there is a severe shortage of electrical outlets with there being none near the bed. I had to unplug the lamp to charge my phone by the bed.

Breakfast the next morning was very good. As a Diamond Hilton honors member we enjoyed the free breakfast. The buffet was excellent and made to order omelets were excellent. Most doubletrees only offer a continental breakfast so I was pleasantly surprised to find that the buffet and anything on the menu (except the steak and eggs) were included for us. The waitresses were extremely friendly and helpful.

As others have stated the service at this location is outstanding. In my opinion that makes up for the older furnishing, etc. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed December 2013
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business in 2013 from the beginning of September through December 20th. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Glenna and Roxy at Legends Bar & Grill took excellent care of me, along with Don and Smartha. Sam in the Concierge Lounge always provided a warm greeting and kept my glass full of my favorite beverage. She never failed to ask whether I needed any soda or water for my room before I left for the evening. Alyse, Robin, and Talei were my servers for breakfast. They ensured I got water, coffee, and tomato juice practically before I ordered it and suggested an omelette if I needed a change from the breakfast buffet. Dominique and Anthony were very pleasant when I checked in and out on numerous occasions or needed anything. Ebony in Housekeeping made sure my room was clean. She left me notes when she was working expressing her appreciation for my patronage. If I ever have the opportunity to return to Memphis, I will be sure to stay at this hotel.

1 Thank David W