“Old museum, broken exhibits, very overpriced”

Children's Museum of Memphis
Ranked #24 of 161 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Owner description: Children's museum featuring a kid-sized city where kids run things while parents sit back and watch.
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We stopped at this museum on our way from Dallas to Ashville to give our 2 year old a break from sitting in the car. The reviews seemed good, so we thought we would try it out. I'm not sure where everyone else went, but I was extremely underwhelmed. It was dirty and outdated and seemed that almost every other exhibit we tried was broken. Our daughter did really enjoy the grocery shopping area and spent a lot of time pushing the cart around, selecting food, and checking out. Maybe I wouldn't feel so negative about it if it hasn't cost us $36 for the three of us? If it had been $5 a person I would feel maybe we had gotten our money's worth. We were glad for the break from driving, but I can't imagine ever going back for another visit.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I used to live in Memphis and would take my niece and nephew there every summer. This trip I got to take my niece (who is 17 now) and my two and a half year old daughter. They both had so much fun. My niece had more fun than my daughter I think because she had such great memories from before. We were there for nearly 4 hours and they had a great time.

1  Thank Nikki W
Reviewed July 4, 2013

What a great museum. Really great exhibits (evidence of strong corporate partnerships) that the kids loved. Airplanes, tornadoes, thunderstorms, fire houses... Our chief complaint? $48 for 2 adults and a 5 and 2 year old. Seriously? I guess if this is the price of quality we must pay....

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The Children's Museum is a day of fun for kids and their parents, there are many interactive exhibits and you have to drag them from one place to the next to get them to see it all. Go fly a plane, catch a fish or help the civil servants save the city. It's a fun day!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I took my niece and nephew and we had a great time. There were several hands on activities for the kids to do, and some that adults could do also. The staff was very helpful and courteous.