“Traditional, Grand old style Hotel”
Review of Peabody Hotel

$41.52*
Memphis Discovery Tour including Rock and Soul Museum
Ranked #2 of 24 Concerts & Shows in Memphis
More attraction details
Owner description: Famous for the procession of the ducks every day at 11 a.m.
Reviewed January 1, 2014

In Memphis for the Liberty Bowl game we spent 6 nights at the Peabody. The room was spacious, the bathroom cramped, the bed luxurious, and in spite of its age, there were plenty of electrical outlets. The front desk was prompt and courteous. The bell staff were polite, helpful and knowledgeable about Memphis. The duck master and ducks were delightful. A grand old hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,412)

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Very expensive restaurant. Food was average, and the service was nearly non-existent. Long waits for service and the wait staff were non-attentive to the extreme.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stopped here for the night on a road trip through Memphis. Had not been to the Peabody in 20 years, but it was as elegant as ever. Our room was spacious and very well appointed. While this is a historic hotel, and the lobby is worth a stop by itself, the rooms were as modern as one would expect of any recently built high end hotel. Next door was the Rendevous, which served nicely for a quick late night dinner. Morning brunch was rich and hearty and set us right for the road. Only disappointment was that the ducks went to bed before our arrival and apparently sleep in late, so we did not get to see them before we had to hit the road again.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Wanted to stay the night but, they were booked :( ahhh maybe next time. I have loved this hotel since I was a child and my grandmother first took me to see the ducks. I have moved away from home (Memphis) but, every time Im back I have to go see the ducks! I took my boyfriend this time to see it (his first time to see the hotel and ducks) I never thought it was odd in the least to have real ducks in the fountain of a hotel until I saw him ponder it! lol I guess it is an oddity but, still a must see. This hotel is like how Audrey Hepburn describes Tiffany and Co in Breakfast at Tiffany's, how nothing bad could ever happen to you in the place like this! No one cares how rich or poor you are, its a classy place and even the walls there even seem polite. Ahhh, Id love to go back and spend the night but, they seemed to be booked a year in advance! YIKES!!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We were vacationing in Memphis with some of our friends, and they really wanted to walk through the Peabody Hotel. I didn't realize it was a tourist attraction, but they were quite accommodating with us walking through the lobby and through the gift shop. My 3-year old was particularly enamored with the ducks inside the lobby and the huge trees they had decorated for Christmas. We walked from Beale St (a little bit of a hike, but not bad) and then caught the trolley outside of the hotel. I would recommend this stop if you have time. I can't speak for the hotel accommodations, but the hotel had a very rich feel to it.

1  Thank MyReview4Yew