“Good Venue-But some issues”

Memphis Cook Convention Center
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I saw a concert in November 2013 at this venue. The sound was great but finding my specific Concert Hall was a challenge of escalators and what seemed to be mazes. We finally found it. When it was time to leave, the underground parking garage was a mess. We could only find 2 lanes that lead out. The wait to leave was long and tempers ran short and horns filled the air. Yikes. I'd park in an outdoor lot next time. Other than that, the venue was clean, appeared new and I was happy to be there.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"downtown"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed June 5, 2013

The Cook Convention Center has many different size rooms to accomidate any group. Enjoyed being in several rooms for our meeting. Nicely set up for what you need. Some rooms have a great view of the River. Facility is old but kept up very well.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I attended the L2L Convention at Cook Convention Center over Easter weekend. It is convenient access off of I-40. We stayed at the Marriott Memphis Downtown, which is attached to the convention center by a skywalk. The facilites at the convention center are good, although I noticed that in the adjoining rooms where we held competitions there was noise that bled through the walls. Otherwise, the facilities were more than adequate.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Been here for several conventions and they always do a stand up job. You do have to deal with downtown parking but that is to be expected. Overall I always feel very safe here.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 28, 2012

It was as usual, a long walk from the room at the Marriot. It seems like there was alot of unused space within the convention center. Seemed like they had plenty of meeting rooms and such, but the walls were thin and we could hear the others laughing, talking, clapping, etc. Other than that, it was okay for the conference.