“Memphis' Best” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Flight Restaurant & Wine Bar - Memphis

Flight Restaurant & Wine Bar - Memphis
Reserve with OpenTable
Flight Restaurant & Wine Bar - Memphis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,429 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Monroe
Transit: Flight is located on Main Street right along the trolley line.
Description: Flight a full service restaurant with multiple dining selections for a guest to enjoy in a single dining experience. The service style of the restaurant is the finest service featuring a knowledgeable wait staff from which the customer can gain valuable knowledge to enhance their dining experience. Flight offers several distinct dining options: On the main floor, there is the hustle and bustle of friends and businesspeople gathering together. The bar is a welcoming place for those dining alone to meet friends yet unmet, or for those who want a quick bite. On the balcony level, the booths and small tables, some overlooking Main Street, offer more privacy and an opportunity for romance.
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Memphis' Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

As regular visitors to Memphis we found Flight a year or so ago. The restaurant is elegant, serves wonderful food in a unique way. The staff are friendly, helpful and proficient - you get top notch service and food here.
If you're in Memphis please treat yourself - you won't regret it.

• Visited September 2013

West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Unique”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

A unique restaurant where you can mix and match 3 of each for wine, soups, appitizers and mains. The waiter was very knowledgeable and very helpful in explaining how it works at Flights. Recommendation was excellent

Visited March 2014
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great for those who can't decide”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Flight means you order a "flight" of items. Three dishes come in a flight. The food was exceptional and I really enjoyed getting to try several dishes. I made the mistake of trying the dessert flight which was wonderful but I left so very stuffed!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Girlmurmuration
Oakland, TN
“Wonderful 21st Anniversary!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Desired a quiet, elegant evening as we celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary. Been told that Flight offered a unique style of cuisine with ambience. With a valet near the door, we were quick to get to our secluded table for two on the mezzanine. Being in a cozy corner of the restaurant, it was so nice to enjoy our private time together while enjoying the beautiful views out of the large picture window. The idea of Flight is a brilliant one! One can choose a "flight" which consists of three different dishes from the various main entrees that they serve or one can order the single entree. It was a difficult decision. My husband chose the flight with elk, lamb, & another meat, while I went with the Chef's special of Bison. We shared the Harvest salad and enjoyed every crunchy bite. However when our food arrived, I was very stunned at the small portion size. The presentation was breathtaking but I was STARVING! And here were these small slices of bison. How was this going to quench my appetite?! I was doubting my previous decision to share the salad now. Obviously, our waiter could read my mind. He reassuringly said to wait and not pass judgement until I had completely finished my meal. Then, he would return to hear my judgement. He was right! We, Americans, have become accustomed to the Super-Size everything when it comes to our food portions. Flight provides what most people would consider an ample portion. I ate every last bite on my plate, and didn't need a take-out bag (which was a first). I was pleasantly full and not miserable from stuffing myself! It was absolutely Wonderful!! I loved the Bison and would choose it again. After a bite of the bison, my hubby thought the bison was better than his elk (more tender & flavorful). He also really liked the lamb. We will definitely return to Flight for more wonderful, special occasions.

Visited September 2013
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Dining at Flight is more of an event than just a dining experience. The fun begins when the server first arrives and explains the many "flights" and how the game is played. It is fun, entertaining, and very delicious. I like the fact that there is such a great variety to taste and enjoy! I can't wait to go again to try something else. Highly recommended to the adventurous gourmet!

• Visited November 2013