“A little bit of everything”

Flight Restaurant & Wine Bar - Memphis
Reserve with OpenTable
Flight Restaurant & Wine Bar - Memphis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,459 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Monroe
Transit: Flight is located on Main Street right along the trolley line.
Description: Flight a full service restaurant with multiple dining selections for a guest to enjoy in a single dining experience. The service style of the restaurant is the finest service featuring a knowledgeable wait staff from which the customer can gain valuable knowledge to enhance their dining experience. Flight offers several distinct dining options: On the main floor, there is the hustle and bustle of friends and businesspeople gathering together. The bar is a welcoming place for those dining alone to meet friends yet unmet, or for those who want a quick bite. On the balcony level, the booths and small tables, some overlooking Main Street, offer more privacy and an opportunity for romance.
Auckland, New Zealand
“A little bit of everything”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Flights in Memphis is a restaurant that has a unique style of providing a choice of 3 or 4 tasting sample choice for all courses. The portions are very generous but you are in the USA. The food is stunning , the choice varied, presentation first class, and service just tops.you must book and my suggestion would be the last sitting say around 8pm

London, United Kingdom
“Great concept, shame about the delivery!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We chose here to celebrate my husband's birthday.

We started with a flight of bubbles - 3 different fizzes that were accompanied with tasting notes. My husband had the ocean flight and I had the salad flight . Both were good but the table was a bit small for 6 plates and glasses, on wooden trays and the tasting notes. The waitress struggled with how heavy and cumbersome the loaded trays were.

We then had two US red wine flights. Sadly, the wine came just after our Steak flights and we had to wait for cutlery but when it came the steaks, all of them, were top class. Both of us rated the Bison man of the match.

I ordered a flight of desserts: NY style cheesecake, key lime pie and chocolate souffle. These were all nice but not outstanding. The souffle was baked hard! My dessert wine flight came after the dessert but the waiting staff did seem to be trying hard.

The final straw was that our bill had mistakes in it.

In summary - the concept was great but they didn't quite pull it off, the food was mainly top notch but the service was seriously lacking and the attention to detail left a lot to be desired. We had a b'day meal that we will remember but not for all the right reasons.

Topeka, Kansas
“ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This was by far one of the best meals and service that I have ever had! I visited with a group of girl friends on a girls weekend vacation and I am so glad we decided to splurge and treat ourselves. We were led around the side of the building and down stairs to the priviate dining area, and it was absolutely beautiful. Our servers were very knowledgeable and friendly. The food was fantastic! I tried the elk with truffle macaroni, duck breast with ricotta ravioli, veal and the bubbly wine flight and my taste buds were enamored! Thanks Flight for the fabulous experience!

• Visited August 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Perfect Wine Parings -Delectable Food!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Intimate atmosphere but it was quite noisy on our visit. Table stewards offered so much information that we were overwhelmed but after... oh my! Delightful! Creative menu, lovely presentations, all in all a perfect evening! The service was wonderful.From the first greeting to the goodbye service was professional, gracious, not in any way at any time obtrusive!

• Visited August 2013
Philadelphia
“What you need to know before Dinner!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Flight was amazing! The selection was great..concept was great and all of the food was outstanding. Derek our waiter was Great and made the meal really enjoyable!

Now on to the important stuff you need to know...the portions are large! They say that a flight equals a regular size app, entrée etc but we definitely did not find that to be true. Of course we wanted to try everything. So here was the breakdown..

Apps - 4 people 4 apps...ways too many - 2 would work for 4 people.
Oyster Flight - the Bienville were the best - get 2 of those on your flight and try another.
Carpaccio Flight - Not too filling and good, Beef, Lamb and Tuna.
Seafood flight - Lots of food -few pieces of tempura- 2 small crab cakes and 3 or 4 coconut shrimp - Definitely enough to share.
Dumplings - Good but not outstanding as everything else was- thought they were dumplings you could get anywhere.
Soup Salad Course - I had a flight of 2 lobster Bisque and a harvest salad( I love Lobster Bisque an knew a small cup would not be enough) - The lobster bisque was delicious - really well made. Salad was very good do a soup or salad flight or mix and match..if you wanted to can try - great to share with a few people so you try them all.

Entrée - I made my own flight of Filet, Lamb and Scallops, All were DELICIOUS..but still a lot of food..especially after 2 other courses. I think if we had shared apps and salad course maybe it would not have seemed like so much.
The guys had the steak flight, Filet, Elk and Bison - Loved it all!
Dessert course - I think we learned our lesson by dessert but of course still wanted to try- 2 dessert flights - 4 people - Plenty to share. We had the Chocolate and the Southern Flight..best option on both - Pecan pie- Although none of us though we were fans of pecan pie- we are loved it and the chocolate Molton Cake was really good - I would suggest making your own flight with Pecan Pie- Molton cake and Bread pudding but looks like the dessert change all the time.

Suggestion to the Restaurant - Portions are really too much..the concept is great and I am sure new for most who want to try everything - Apps and dessert could be smaller - have the servers suggest more sharing of apps and soup/salad course - The dish the Peach cobbler was served in was not great at all..too small to difficult to get the dessert out off- we pretty much gave up on even trying to eat this dessert.

Highly recommend!