“Good to visit downtown again!”

Flight Restaurant & Wine Bar - Memphis
Reserve with OpenTable
Flight Restaurant & Wine Bar - Memphis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,537 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Monroe
Transit: Flight is located on Main Street right along the trolley line.
Description: Flight a full service restaurant with multiple dining selections for a guest to enjoy in a single dining experience. The service style of the restaurant is the finest service featuring a knowledgeable wait staff from which the customer can gain valuable knowledge to enhance their dining experience. Flight offers several distinct dining options: On the main floor, there is the hustle and bustle of friends and businesspeople gathering together. The bar is a welcoming place for those dining alone to meet friends yet unmet, or for those who want a quick bite. On the balcony level, the booths and small tables, some overlooking Main Street, offer more privacy and an opportunity for romance.
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Took my wife, two daughters, and 4 of my oldest daughter's friends to dinner to celebrate her 18th birthday. Everyone's food was excellent. My wife and I enjoyed our wine flights. We had the most pleasant waitress as well. The entire atmosphere was wonderful and I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a wonderful selection of great food and wine in the downtown area.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,024)

Reviewed December 7, 2012

When we first got here, I couldn't find any parking..! I'm not used to having to lean on a valet, but I ultimately got a clue and let him handle it for me. Inside, the restaurant had an intimate setting, not too many people inside. They had the capacity to hold a lot more.

Our first time there, we were given the spiel of what Flight was all about and I certainly helped myself to one of their sampler trios. Wife ordered the beet salad and duck breast, I went with the tuna tartare and game hen. We were given an amuse bouche to hold us over while we waited for our food, and we did some serious waiting. I imagine that they don't mind holding people for longer so they'd be more tempted to drink more wine.

When the food came, it was amazing. Wonderfully plated, expertly cooked, great tasting all around. We enjoyed every last bite, and then some. No complaints. We decided to go in on the goat cheese cheesecake at the end too..another winner. A chocolate bite came with the check and while it certainly got up there in price, we were glad to splurge a little bit here.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We went here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Upon making the reservation (via OpenTable) there was a place for comments so I mentioned the anniversary. When we were first greeted by the hostess she wished us a Happy Anniversary. She had a perfect window table for us. Our waiter was extremely helpful, pleasant, professional and efficient. He was sure to address us by "Mr and Mrs" throughout the evening as well as wishing us a Happy Anniversary when he first greeted us. At the end of the meal he offered us either a toast or dessert "On me". We loved the menu and the waiter did an excellent job of both explaining it, and offering his suggestions. I had the salad flight and it was great. Plenty enough of each salad to enjoy, but not get too full before the entree. My husband ordered just the Wedge salad and wished he'd gotten the flight instead. He had the Feathered Flight entree. Each of those were delicious and very well prepared. I opted for just the small plate of the Lobster Thermidor and it was outstanding! Plenty to eat along with the salads. Wine flights were also very nice and offered at a variety of prices.
Everything about our experiencve was exceptional and memorable. I highly recommend Flight, especially if it's for a special occasion.

1  Thank Mary Beth B
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Great premise. Great food. The lamb is excellent. The seabass is yum yum yum. Memphis is a great city for barbecue and dives. This is a nice contrast. Upscale and has a great location downtown. Walking distance to the river/baseball field/FedEx forum. Great place. Pricey but worth it.

1  Thank 7continentsby25
Reviewed November 20, 2012

One of my favorite Memphis restaurants. Love the flight of wines, flight of food items AND selection of small plates. Wish we always hate like this! excellent in every way